This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Education: Elementary, FT Employee
Independence Mission Schools (King of Prussia, PA)
INDEPENDENCE MISSION SCHOOLS
POSITION: School Principal
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 30, 2014
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: School Leadership Team
REPORTS TO: President, IMS
POSITION TYPE: Exempt
The School Principal is the instructional, spiritual and ultimate leader of the school community. The Principal is a mission-driven individual who embraces and advances the Catholic identity and culture of the school, and our mission of serving children of all faiths from the most underserved areas of our community. The School Principal is committed to the development, achievement and well-being of the school’s students, and the pursuit of academic excellence by those students. The Principal sets the tone for the entire school through direction within the school and through interactions at all levels with faculty and staff, parents, board and central office members, and other community partners.
The Principal oversees management of the day-to-day operations of the school. Within the IMS network, the Principal position reports to the President of IMS. The IMS model provides a support infrastructure for school operations from the central office- this infrastructure provides an evolving technology platform to support school operations, marketing and enrollment support, and finance, HR and legal operational guidance and functions for the school. The central office will also encompass a Chief Academic Officer in 2014-15; the person in this role will collaborate closely with school principals on the academic program for schools and students.
All IMS schools also have a local school board- the School Principal holds a seat on this board and participates fully in the board’s operations. The local boards serve the school through advice on the school’s strategic direction, participation in the school budget process, and development and advancement efforts on behalf of the school.
The Principal is accountable for:
• Supporting and advancing the Catholic identity of the school, with particular recognition of our schools’ mission to serve children of all faiths.
• Establishing a school culture built on student achievement, empowerment and collaboration, and ensuring a learning environment that is transformative, holistic and safe.
• Providing visionary leadership in setting vision and structure for the school and strategic leadership in the directing and management of the school’s educational goals.
• Using data to establish performance goals for student academic results and faculty development and outcomes.
• Mentoring and developing school faculty and staff to achieve high levels of performance in their roles
• Working with IMS leadership team to ensure core values are effectively communicated and upheld in school.
• Working in conjunction with leadership of other IMS schools to promote common tools and plans for all IMS schools
Areas of Responsibility
• School culture and environment
• Faculty and Staff recruitment, retention and development
• Direction and implementation of academic programming
• Student recruitment, admissions, and advancement
• School development and community relations
Education, Experience and Required Skills
• Practicing Catholic, in compliance with the religious education requirements of the Philadelphia Archdiocese
• MA or M.Ed. preferred
• Current PA School Administrator’s License ( K-12).
• A minimum of 7 years of demonstrated success as a school teacher/ leader, backed by data-driven instruction, recommendations, and outcomes
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to a variety of stakeholders, solid planning and organizational skills
• Proficiency in data collection, interpretation, and analysis in academic settings
Further detail regarding expectations and responsibilities in key areas:
• Conveys vision and collaborates with teachers on goal-setting to develop a faculty that support high levels of student achievement
• Serves as the school’s lead learner, models the use of data-driven instruction in the school, while empowering faculty and staff in developing their skills in this area
• Assists instructors in setting priorities, facilitating meetings and developing instructional and leadership skills.
• Provides ongoing observations, supervision and timely feedback for all teachers on a consistent basis
• Collaborates with school faculty leadership teams in review, evaluation, and recommendations for instructional materials, methods, and programs.
• Provides leadership and supports teams in developing and implementing School Improvement Plans as well as Individual Professional Development Plans.
• Provides leadership in the development of new partnerships and/or methodologies in response to the changing needs of students and student data.
• Safeguards and advances the essential Catholic identity of the school and the school programs
• Creates and sustains an environment of high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
• Aligns students, teachers and staff around the school’s values and goals.
• Builds a culture that is motivational, encourages a strong sense of community and prepares students for success.
• Cultivates a consistent norm of orderly, respectful behavior to preserve a healthy learning environment.
• Serves as ambassador and advocate of the school’s mission, goals and achievements
• Builds public support for the school’s academic programs.
• Maintains effective working relationships with educational systems at IMS, local and state levels
• Supports and assists with public relations and fundraising activities for the school as needed
• Develop and implement school policies consistent with IMS.
• Ensure all monitoring and reporting is provided to IMS as required and that the school operates in compliance with all regulations and requirements at all times.
• Provide professional-level leadership interacting with IMS, education, and business collaborators in the community.
• Participates in development of the school’s annual budget with IMS office staff and manages results and communications thereof with school board
• Analyze and control expenditures consistent with school objectives and budget goals.
• Ensures effective systems for school function and identifies needs for on-going maintenance and improvements
• Maintains compliance with safety and other regulations as applicable to school environment (89)
Incoming search terms:
- independent mission schools central office in king of prussia