This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Healthcare/Medicine, FT Employee
Saint John Academy (McLean, VA)
Saint John Academy in McLean VA is seeking a full-time school nurse for the 2013-2014 school year. The school nurse is an integral member of our vibrant school community and a full-time position during our 190-day academic year.
Minimum requirements for this position are a love of Catholic education, love for and experience working with children, some medical experience, good organizational skills in order to maintain medical files, and the ability to handle both routine and emergency medical care during the full school day.
Preference will be given to those candidates who possess advanced medical training or certifications, however these are not required to be considered for this position.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Conducts emergency care and first aid to students for accidents and illnesses during school hours.
2. Maintains detailed student health records regarding clinic visits, medical difficulties of students, screening results, physical examinations, and immunization records.
3. Ensures that state and local health requirements are met by students and teachers. Is knowledgeable about the contents of the Virginia School Health Guidelines.
4. Coordinates all health screenings (i.e., vision, hearing, and scoliosis).
5. Follows the Universal Precautions and Bloodborne Pathogen requirements.
6. Respects the confidentiality of information this position becomes privy to when dealing with students.
7. Accepts other miscellaneous duties related to health/clinic care as defined by the principal.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Mr. Michael Bussman, Headmaster, at [email protected] if you are interested in applying for this position. “LinkedIn” applications will not be accepted.
See our website at http://stjohnacademy.org
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until the position is filled. (96)
Incoming search terms:
- school nurse saint johns academy