This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
SCHOOL AND PERSONAL COUNSELOR
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Padua Academy (Wilmington, DE)
Padua Academy, a four year, Catholic, college preparatory high school for young women located in Wilmington, Delaware has an opening for the following position: School/Personal Counselor.
Successful applicants will have:
- a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with high school girls in an educational setting.
- A committed and respectful support of the Catholic faith.
- Experience with academic goal-setting, time-management, study skills, and
- Experience with learning differences and special accommodations within an
- Experience with one-on-one counseling, preferably with high-school aged girls.
- Current knowledge of mental health, social, and personal issues surrounding
teenage girls as well as agencies who specialize in these areas.
- A skilled ability to multi-task and handle critical situations as they arise.
- A working knowledge of and adherence to the ethical standards of the
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- A working knowledge of office-based computer software, including Word,
Excel, Google Drive, Powerpoint, etc.
Job responsibilities include:
- Managing a caseload of approximately 160 students from 9th-12th grades.
- Assisting students in academic planning, personal counseling, and
standardized testing as it pertains to students who demonstrate identified
- Providing students with appropriate referrals when necessary
- Consulting and collaborating with parents/guardians, teachers,
administrators, and other educational/community professionals.
- Participating in professional development as related to the position.
- Adhering to Padua’s policies and procedures in relation to the students,
parents, and the Catholic faith.
- Collecting, reviewing and interpreting test results and other student data to
enhance and amend current programs.
- Writing letters of recommendation as needed.
- Presenting relevant information to students and parents in individual, small
and large group settings.
- Other duties as required by the position and/or school.
Please submit resume/cv and cover letter via mail or email to:
Director of College Advisement and Guidance
905 N. Broom Street
Wilmington, DE 19806 [email protected] (70)
Incoming search terms:
- padua academy school counselor position
- Wilmington DE News