This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Other, FT Employee
Church of St. Ignatius Loyola (New York, NY)
Church of St. Ignatius Loyola, a Roman Catholic Church administered by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits), is seeking a sacristan/custodian.
To oversee and keep in good order the worship space (including the sanctuary, nave, narthex, and sacristy). Must have a reverence for the sanctuary and for all articles and sacred vessels used in worship and liturgical rites.
• Basic knowledge and experience of the liturgical rites (e.g., the Mass; Communion Service; Eucharistic Adoration; Baptism; Funerals; Reconciliation Service).
• Ability to work and communicate well with others involved in liturgical planning and execution.
• Ability to be a team player.
• Ability and willingness to learn about liturgical principles and to put those principles into practice.
• Self-motivation and the ability to follow-through on assignments.
• Ability to work on weekends.
• Must be available to work flexible and extended hours as the need arises (particularly during Christmas and Holy Week).
Compensation package includes salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Submit resume with related work experience and salary history to Chester Ciupinski:
Email: [email protected]
Fax 212-249-3565. (334)