This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
RISK AND INSURANCE MANAGER
Management, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Administration & Finance Office of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a full-time Risk and Insurance Manager. This opening is to fill a newly created position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
This position is responsible for oversight of the Archdiocesan Risk Management Program which includes risk analysis, development and implementation of risk reduction strategies, and organizing and staffing the technical and administrative aspects of the Archdiocesan Insurance Program.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1. In consultation with parish leadership and Chancery management, designs and implements an Archdiocesan wide risk management program. This includes ongoing and systematic analysis of risk factors, development of strategies to reduce risk, and communication and implementation of approved policies and practices.
2. In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer and Chancellor, manages and coordinates the Archdiocesan Property and Liability Insurance Program. Negotiates insurance premium rates and coverage with insurance carriers. Regularly reviews and analyzes claims data, identifies trends, forecasts costs, and periodically researches and analyzes program design to evaluate effectiveness and cost competitiveness. Staffs the Insurance subcommittee of the Archdiocesan Finance Council. Determines the billing rates to all parish entities, along with CCSWW, AHA and other participants in the Archdiocesan Insurance program. Supervises the billing and collection process. Implements policies as required by insurance carriers and evaluates compliance by participants. Monitors the performance of the local insurance carrier service office to ensure appropriate risk management and claim procedures are implemented.
3. Manages the Archdiocesan Self-Insurance Program for vehicles.
4. Works with the service office and Director of Property and Construction Services to ensure both insurance requirements and building policies are implemented and, if necessary, serves as a mediator in disputes regarding insurance requirements and policies.
5. Collaborates with the Benefits Services Office in risk analysis and reduction efforts for the Workers’ Compensation Program.
6. With the Director of Parish Financial Services, develops and implements a compliance testing schedule and communication plan. Serves as the Archdiocesan liaison in compliance and maintains ongoing communication with parishes, schools, and Archdiocesan agencies. Compliance activities include but are not limited to:
a. Reviewing and testing compliance of schools, parishes and related agencies with established Archdiocesan policies and procedures. This is accomplished by visits to Archdiocesan parishes, schools and related agencies to conduct reviews of compliance in a number of areas.
b. Assisting schools, parishes and related agencies in developing remediation plans for deficiencies/errors.
c. Monitoring execution of remediation plans.
d. Supervising reviews conducted by other employees or outside auditors.
e. Maintaining accurate records of all compliance visits, results and follow-ups.
7. Provides and/or coordinates compliance training. This may include developing materials and processes for compliance, presenting in-service training, and providing one-on-one consultation as needed.
8. Oversees the administrative assistant in ensuring accurate and timely billing to locations; recording and tracking of insurance payments and receipts; and maintenance of database. Assures that payment of claims is consistent with policy provisions.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop.
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Ministers.
c. Active member of a parish/faith community in good standing with the Church.
a. BA in Accounting, Business, or related field.
a. Demonstrated experience working in risk management and insurance for an organization comparable in size and complexity to the Archdiocese.
b. Experience in determining compliance with and in explaining and interpreting organizational policies and procedures
c. Proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft Office.
4. Other Elements:
a. Knowledge of and familiarity with the structures, organizations, policies and culture of the Archdiocese of Seattle.
b. Excellent oral and written communications, analytical and organizational skills.
c. Excellent interpersonal & public relations skills to relate with pastors, parish administrators and parish staff.
d. Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and handle details of confidential nature.
e. Willing and able to work some evenings and/or weekends.
f. Possession of a valid Washington driver’s license and ability to travel throughout the Archdiocese of Seattle.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (247)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic risk manager seattle wa
- Archdiocese of Seattle employees liability of job performance
- archdiocese of seattle insurance program
- seattle archdiocese risk and insurance manager salary
- seattle archdiocese risk manager