This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Franciscan University of Steubenville (Steubenville, OH)
Date: June 12, 2014
Position Available: Residence Director – SG4
Position Reports to: Assistant Vice President of Student Life
Department: Student Life
FLSA Status: Exempt (Professional)
Hours: Live in position – variable hours
Residence Director is a full time live in position responsible for managing a hall housing 150-200 full time undergraduates. The residence director is responsible to manage the day to day operations of the hall and to work with the Assistant Vice President of Student Life and the Assistant Director of Residence Life to promote a vibrant Catholic culture that supports students as they learn to integrate faith and reason.
1. Manage a staff of 3-9 Resident Assistants including recruitment, selection, training, development, supervision and evaluation
2. Administer the housing policies within the residence halls
3. Carry out disciplinary interventions according to Residence Life Policies and the Code of Student Conduct. Complete and submit accurate reports in a timely fashion
4. Oversee community development and programming within the hall that addresses the intellectual, spiritual, recreational and social needs of the residents
5. Make appropriate referrals to assist students with issues: Counseling, Career Services, Chaplain
6. Carry out all delegated projects as part of the Residence Life Staff
7. Manage the physical aspects of the residence hall, collaborating with other departments as needed
8. Complete administrative duties in an accurate and timely fashion
9. Interact with various student leaders/groups within the hall to provide support, guidance and the development of leadership skills
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the University’s needs.
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
Skills & Competencies:
Technical Skills: Microsoft Word and Excel; Jenzabar; competent and appropriate use of social media such as Twitter, Facebook in a professional setting.
Non-Technical Skills: Teamwork; Quality, managing and measuring work; Interpersonal skills; Conflict management; Drive for results; Developing self and others.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelors Degree required
• One year of residence life staff experience preferred
• Previous experience in a live in position preferred
• Understanding, embracing and living out the Catholic and Franciscan value expressed in the Mission Statement of Franciscan University
• Evidence of strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Previous experience in supervising and/or leading students preferred
• Live in position – variable hours
• Late night emergencies
• Nights and weekends regularly required
Candidates must submit a resume, a list of three references, and a cover letter which demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
Please apply via email to: [email protected]
For other information and job postings, visit our website at www.franciscan.edu.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. (50)