This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Religious Education, FT Employee
All Saints Catholic Church (Sunrise, FL)
Support Religious Education program activities for the parish by providing administrative assistance to the Director of Religious Education (DRE) .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide exemplary customer service to employees and others who contact the All Saints Catholic Church Office of Religious Education by phone or in person, answering basic questions regarding Religious Education Policies and Procedures of the Archdiocese of Miami, directing them to the appropriate parties or documenting their concerns for escalation to the DRE.
• Assist in coordinating various aspects of the parish catechetical programs for children, youth and adults based on the plan for comprehensive and systematic catechesis of the Archdiocese of Miami.
• Record and work with volunteer coordinator completion of Virtus and Fingerprinting requirements of the Archdiocese of Miami’s Safe Environment Policy by all catechists and volunteers, maintaining strictest confidentiality and in accordance with Archdiocesan policies and procedures and applicable laws regarding security. Update records as needed.
• Assist with tasks assigned by the DRE with confidentiality and discretion.
• Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, Religious Education bookkeeping, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
• Create, update and maintain electronic and hard-copy filing system for All Saints Catholic Church Religious Education documentation.
• Learn basic terminology in Religious Education Sacramental Preparation to effectively communicate parish catechetical program and sacramental policies and procedures to staff and parishioners.
• Proactively be aware of and up to date on information for all Sacramental Preparation and distribution of information to parents, catechists, volunteers and Religious Education employees.
• Maintain calendar of overall Religious Education program, ensuring a pastoral approach for all in setting program structures, e.g. overseeing special events, calendar dates, scheduling use of facilities, procedures for registration and fee collection.
• Assist in maintaining accurate records on student enrollment, attendance and Sacramental Preparation and submits requested data to the Office of Catechesis.
• Assist trainers and presenters in setup and preparation of rooms for events, including compiling materials for distribution and making catering arrangements if needed. When needed, assist with registration and enter documentation into database.
• Take inventory and order office supplies on a regular basis, exercising cost-consciousness.
• Attend meetings to actively participate in the organization for Religious Education program for children and adults.
• Take responsibility for his/her own professional and spiritual development by enrolling in courses, attending workshops related to responsibilities and participating in the on-going formation opportunities provided by the Archdiocese of Miami Office of Catechesis for Religious Education staff.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Practicing Catholic who fully adheres to and models the Church’s teachings in faith and morals (Cf. National Directory for Catechesis, 54 B 5)
• Active participation in parish life.
• Appropriate mental and physical health to accomplish the tasks.
• Be approved by the Office of Catechesis as per Archdiocesan Policy p92.A.
Education and Experience
• Minimum: High School diploma or GED and five years’ administrative experience in a customer-service environment required.
• Preferred: BA with a major in Religious Education from an accredited Catholic institution or equivalent theological and ministerial courses from the “Diaconate Program,” “School of Ministry,” and/or CEU from Archdiocesan approved institution of higher education plus additional catechetical courses as needed strongly preferred.
• Experience in a Roman Catholic environment.
1. Good oral and written English-language communication skills, including clear speaking voice.
2. Good Spanish-language spoken communication skills strongly preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Attitudes.
1. Knowledge of basic tenets of Catholic Church and parish structures.
2. Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel, PowerPoint a plus.
3. Good computer literacy, including ability to navigate online applications and search engines effectively.
4. Type at least 60 wpm with 90% accuracy.
5. Good spelling and grammar required.
6. Excellent customer service skills, including ability to maintain focus on and professionalism with people in challenging situations, both in person and by phone.
7. Good time management, including ability to manage several projects at the same time.
8. Must be able to multi-task and retain accuracy in an environment of competing deadlines.
9. Must be supportive of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
10. Must have a professional demeanor.
Customer Focus (Internal and External): Effectively meeting customer needs and taking responsibility for customer satisfaction.
Attention to Detail / Quality Orientation: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, including information; showing concern accuracy and good quality output; accurately checking processes and tasks, monitoring activities. (104)
Incoming search terms:
- admin assistance job
- all saints catholic church dallas
- all saints catholic church sunrise florida fines
- Church directory and pastorial database systems
- www catholic org/saints