This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
RELIGION TEACHER AND CAMPUS MINISTRY
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Sacred Heart of Jesus High School (Jackson, TN)
* Minimum academic preparation is a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Theology or Catechetics.
* Must attain Virtus training
* Be familiar with the Didache Series (books used for SHJHS courses in religion)
Primary Job Functions
* Be responsible for the planning and implementation of student retreats, community service activities for students, planning the March for Life trip in Washington D.C.
* Ensure that priests are scheduled for weekly Mass (2x week) and confession (1 x a month)
* Ensure that everything is ready for priests to have Mass; i.e. wine, hosts, everything ready in the chapel
* Model personal and professional commitment to Gospel values consistent with the goals of the Catholic Church, the Executive Board and Sacred Heart
* Model the vision and mission of SHJHS
* Comply with all school requirements regarding educational and religious preparation
* Observe professional ethics in dealing with administrators, faculty, parents, students, and community
* Cooperate with and fully participate in the school’s liturgical and religious activities
* Fulfill the normal work expectations of a teacher which include, but are not limited to: effective teaching and supervision of students, grade or courses assigned; preparing and submitting lesson plans as prescribed by the principal; being available to students and conferencing with students and parents; supervising activities as requested by administration.
* Abide by the values and specifications outlined in the Employment agreement for Teachers (217)
Incoming search terms:
- sacred heart of Jesus
- sacred heart jackson tn
- Sacred Heart of Jesus High School