This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Franciscan University of Steubenville (Steubenville, OH)
Date: January 28, 2014
Position Available: Registrar – SG13
Position Reports to: Vice President for Enrollment
Department: Enrollment Services / Registrar
FLSA Status: Exempt (Professional Staff)
Hours: Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (some evenings and weekends)
As an integral part of the enrollment management team, the Registrar establishes the processes and procedures to ensure the integrity of academic credit given, degrees earned and serves as the student data manager, protector of the University seal and custodian of permanent academic records. The Registrar provides administrative supervision to the Registrar’s office staff, oversees all technical operations and monitors the delivery of all Registrars’ office services: registration, degree audits, diplomas, classroom scheduling and schedule production, enrollment verifications, NCAA Division III and Veterans Benefits certification.
1. Directs and supervises all major operations and services the office provides
2. Supervises staff of four
3. Evaluates prospective student transfer credits according to University policies and by predetermined deadlines; schedules all new students for fall and spring registration according to individual major requirements
4. Participates in University standing and ad hoc committees: Academic Standards, Admissions, Enrollment Services Directors, Enrollment Management Strategic Planning, Master Facilities Planning, Module Managers, Commencement, Orientation and University Days and other committee work as needed
5. With Assistant Registrar, coordinates year-long preparation for commencement
6. Serves as Certifying Official for all eligible students receiving Veterans benefits
7. Ensures compliance with NCAA Division III academic regulations and provides required reports
8. Coordinates the production of the course schedule and classroom assignments with the Department Chairs, Directors, faculty and staff by academic calendar deadlines
9. Devises and monitors the timeline to make timely electronic submissions to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC)
10. Monitors and evaluates technical operations required for providing all services and acts as Module Manager for Jenzabar EX Registrar module
11. Serves as authority for Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): staff training, ensure that offices and online services rendered are in compliance and provide recommendations to keep FERPA catalog policy up to date.
12. Maintains non-teaching faculty status with the right to vote and participate in faculty meetings.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the University’s needs.
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
Skills & Competencies:
• Experience with large scale project implementations, room scheduling software, digital imaging and other workflow solutions;
• Advanced skills and experience in working with student information systems–preferably Jenzabar EX;
• Ability to utilize computer skills to search the database and provide statistical and written reports as required for verifying enrollment, maintaining graduation statistics and other kinds of research as needed;
• Demonstrates a clear understanding of the technical and functional skills required for this position;
• Actively seeks out ways to practice and continually improve required skills or knowledge.
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers;
• Displays initiative and is comfortable running office operations and delegating tasks as required;
• Appropriately considers the various stakeholders who might be impacted by a decision;
• Demonstrates the ability to work with a variety of constituencies;
• Appreciates the value of teamwork and shares information openly to ensure everybody has what they need to perform effectively;
• Readily adjusts to changing circumstances of new situations;
• Steps up to confront issues as opposed to avoiding them;
• Focuses on issues and facts instead of personalities and personal agendas;
• Provides an effective balance of direction and oversight with staff initiative and autonomy;
• Effectively uses both formal and informal means of communications and influence.
Education & Experience:
• Masters degree and minimum 5 years of experience as Registrar or eight years as Associate or Assistant Registrar
• Extensive training with administrative software solutions
• Extensive experience with FERPA and other relevant government compliance issues and regulations
• Experience working with veterans benefits and related regulations
Some evening and weekend work may be required particularly during commencement preparations and other busy times of the school year.
Candidates must submit a resume, a list of three references, and a cover letter which demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University. Franciscan University desires to attract, hire, retain, develop and promote exceptionally competent, mission dedicated individuals.
Please apply via email to: [email protected]
For other information and job postings, visit our website at www.franciscan.edu.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. (288)
Incoming search terms:
- steubenville university franciscan
- university jenzabar ex