REGIONAL PREGNANCY AND ADOPTION COUNSELOR SOCIAL WORKER
Social Work, PT Employee
Catholic Charities of Oregon (Portland, OR)
Part-time: 10-20 hours/month (in Bend, OR or near vicinity)
Reports to: Pregnancy Support & Adoption Division Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide “life-affirming options” counseling support and active case-management for pregnant clients, parenting clients and clients considering adoption.
2. Successfully engage clients in a therapeutic counseling relationship.
3. Complete a comprehensive assessment and participate with the client in creating a service plan.
4. Provide appropriate service interventions and referrals and advocate for the client to obtain available community resources.
5. Provide mediation services between birth mothers and prospective adoptive parents both before and after placement.
6. Provide on-going grief counseling for those clients who entrust their child for adoption.
7. Ensure that pregnancy support and adoption services are provided in accordance with State statutory requirements, Catholic Charities Board Policies, agency Code of Ethics and Social Service Division Policies.
8. Provide Home Study assessment services for prospective adoptive couples.
9. Assist with inquiries relating to pregnancy support and adoption services.
10. Provide counseling for adoption reunions as appropriate.
11. Provide post-placement assessment and reports for adoption clients.
12. Develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with service providing agencies and other community organizations as needed.
13. Provide support groups to birth mothers, prospective adoptive parents and new adoptive parents.
14. Promote program to schools, hospitals, adoption organizations, pro-life organizations and crisis pregnancy organizations.
15. Help educate prospective adoptive parents through the orientation class and home study process.
16. Other duties as assigned by the Division Manager.
1. Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) required; LCSW preferred. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
2. Minimum of one-year child welfare experience and knowledge regarding issues pertaining to pregnant clients, open adoption and group work.
3. Ability to work with and assess the needs of different ethnic and cultural groups.
4. Proven written and oral communications skills.
5. Able to work independently with little supervision.
6. Commitment to the pro-life teachings of the Catholic Church.
7. Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage.
Salary: $25-30 per hour. Approximately 10-20 hours per month, as needed. No benefits.
To apply, complete required Catholic Charities application form, and submit along with cover letter and resume, to [email protected]
Application form is available online at www.catholiccharitiesoregon.org.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Applications considered as received.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (0)