This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
REGIONAL MAJOR GIFT OFFICER
Fundraising, FT Employee
The Papal Foundation (Any Location, CA)
The Papal Foundation – The Papal Foundation provides a unique and sustainable way for Catholic clergy and laypeople in the U.S. to support the Holy Father and projects around the world that are of particular concern to him. During the last 25 years, the Foundation has supplied over $85 million to feed the hungry, comfort the ill, educate children and prepare women and men for a lifetime commitment to serve the Lord.
Description: Responsible for cultivating major gifts as a prerequisite to membership in The Papal Foundation, meeting major gift revenue and performance targets. Activities are designed to secure financial support from individuals through gifts at the $1,000,000 and above level.
• Cultivate a prospect list of approximately 80 individuals through a moves management process, soliciting current and planned gifts.
• Visit with major donors and prospects primarily in California. Other major cities and regions may be assigned after first six months.
• Develop a list of prospects for inclusion in the above list of 80, giving consideration to first time donors, existing members and contacts who are not members.
• Promote major gifts fundraising throughout the organization, collaborating with colleagues and members.
• Collaborate with colleagues to build the case for increasing the annual donation to the Holy Father and participate in an upcoming campaign to increase the annual donation.
• Initiate and collaborate state, regional and national events around briefings and regional events for major donors. Represent The Papal Foundation on occasion in public forums and speaking engagements.
• Maintain and update donor records on database (ACT) and research opportunities and trends.
• Report to Chief Operating Officer.
Qualifications and Personal Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree preferred
• Seven years minimum experience in development or related field; major gift fundraising preferred
• Proven track record of accomplishment in fundraising including successful solicitation and closing of major gifts
• Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to find meaningful ways to involve colleagues, members, and others in cultivation strategies
• Strong ability to understand donor motivations; sensitivity to personal needs
• Team player who can also work independently in a complex environment
• Working knowledge of prospect tracking systems and donor databases
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing communication skills
• Strong capacity for independent action, particularly the ability to work from home and rely upon a supervisor and administrative support in other offices
• High energy level and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals
• Comfortable with extensive domestic travel and perhaps occasional overseas trips with donors
• Practicing Catholic, should display an operative understanding of how the Catholic Church is organized and be in good standing with the Church.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Hours: 40 hours/week
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to William Canny at The Papal Foundation. His email is [email protected] (176)
Incoming search terms:
- california papal foundation members