This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
REGIONAL COORDINATOR FOR LASALLIAN VOCATION MINISTRY
Marketing/Advertising, FT Employee
Christian Brothers Conference (Washington, DC)
Christian Brothers Conference announces the opening of the full-time position of Regional Coordinator for Lasallian Vocation Ministry. Christian Brothers Conference is located in Washington, DC, which is the preferred location of the position. This position offers a competitive salary along with benefits including employee medical/dental/vision/prescription plan, life/accidental/disability insurance, 403b plan with partial match, and professional development opportunities.
The application deadline is April 15, 2014 with a start date of July 1, 2014.
The Coordinator will report to the General Councilor and receive direction from the Regional Vocation Formation Committee (RVFC) and the leadership team at Christian Brothers Conference.
The Regional Coordinator for Lasallian Vocation Ministry is responsible for:
Promotion and Marketing
• Develop a plan for the promotion and marketing of the Brothers’ vocation.
• Develop a plan for the promotion of Lasallian Volunteers and vocations to Lasallian ministries.
• Produce quality marketing materials for vocation promotion. Prepare and maintain a Regional vocation newsletter for the communities and ministries of the Region.
• Research best locations for advertising and positioning Lasallian vocations.
• Actively seeks to make our vocation materials culturally competent to current and emerging Catholic ethnic groups (e.g. Hispanic, African-American, and Filipino/Asian).
• Ensure greater coordination and communication among the various District vocation and initial formation programs.
• Maintain and update Regional vocation promotion webpages and develop other forms of networking on social media.
• Coordinate the writing and distribution of vocation articles.
• Coordinate programs and projects on behalf of the Regional Vocation Formation Committee.
• Collaborate with the Directors of Communication and the Lasallian Volunteers at Christian Brothers Conference.
• Work with the Conference’s communication team.
• Coordinate with and support District vocation personnel in their vocation promotion efforts particularly in the development of vocation curriculum materials.
• Assist District vocation teams and Visitors in linking a viable vocation program to the quality of the Brothers’ community and prayer lives.
• Work with District vocation directors to actively develop local vocation teams and activities in every ministry of the Region.
• Prepare an annual report to the Regional Conference of Christian Brothers (RCCB), the Lasallian Education Council (LEC), the RVFC and the Lasallian Volunteer Advisory Board (LVAB).
• Serve as a Regional representative on the RVFC and coordinate with the committee to ensure:
o Participation in national vocation organizations and conventions, including arranging and staffing booths.
o Maintain contact and cultivate relationships with organizers of national conventions and conferences and other groups involved in vocation promotion.
o Organization of Regional vocation meetings and gatherings in conjunction with the General Councilor.
o Screen inquiries coming through the internet and conventional channels and forward to the appropriate District vocation director.
• Communicate and market to, and visit, Catholic colleges and universities and active Newman Centers and other identified services (military, schools of education, parishes, retreat centers, NCEA, etc.).
• Reach out to Young Lasallians and Lasallian collegians.
If you are interested in the position or have questions please contact Brother Robert Schieler at 202-529-0047 or [email protected]
See PDF of description here: http://lasallian.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/CBC-Vocation-Ministry-Position.pdf (123)
Incoming search terms:
- robert schieler CBC
- washington dc christian