This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
REGIONAL ASSOCIATE SUPERINTENDENT (CURRICULUM)
Other, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Detroit (Detroit, MI)
Working in association with the Superintendent as a representative and consultant from the Office for Catholic Schools, the Associate will provide guidance on educational issues for the Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of Detroit and other appropriate organizations. The Associate will work with the Superintendent and Department of Evangelization, Catechesis and Schools to implement the mission of the Archbishop of Sharing Christ in and through the Church. In addition, the Associate will provide leadership in Curriculum integration, use and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS REQUIRED BY THIS JOB
1. Serves as an Associate Superintendent to the Northwest Region as assigned by the Superintendent.
2. Collaborates with others in the Office of Catholic Schools on a variety of departmental/office projects.
3. Maintains connections to the assigned schools through visitations, phone calls, emails.
4. Prepares and arranges in-service opportunities for principals, other leaders, and school staffs.
5. Convenes and/or attends professional, vicariate, and regional meetings of principals.
6. Acts as a resource for principals and pastors with regard to school policy and procedures.
7. Responds to communications received from parent members of school communities with regard to questions or concerns about school matters.
8. Serves as liaison for Catholic schools and pastors to the public sector, and represents the Superintendent and/or Catholic schools to agencies and organizations.
9. Collaborates with other Central Service offices on Archdiocesan projects which may require educational expertise.
10. Acts as a team leader in area of Curriculum integration, use, and development for the Office of Catholic Schools:
a)Trains and assists other Regional Associates in the area of Curriculum as needed,
b)Serves as a resource for those within and outside of Central Services.
c)Develops “quick reference” guides that can be used and easily updated for the Schools Office
d)Works in collaboration with the entire Department of Evangelization, Catechesis and Schools to develop curriculum materials that foster the formation of the whole person in light of the Archbishop’s mission to share Christ in and through the Church.
e)Serves on related committees as needed.
f)Advises principals, teachers and parents, when requested, in specific school situations.
11. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
*Masters Degree in Education required, preferably in Educational Administration.
*Five years experience in Catholic schools with three years experience in educational administration Catholic school administration preferred.
*Must have a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate and at least 20 credit hours in educational administration/supervision.
*Strong relational skills, the ability to work effectively as part of a team, high level communication, organizational and technology skills and demonstrated leadership ability are necessary.
*Must be a Catholic in good standing who embraces and transmits the teachings of the Church on matters of faith and morals. (83)