This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Public Relations, FT Employee
Ave Maria Press, Inc. (Notre Dame, IN)
Ave Maria Press, a ministry of the United States Province of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is a leading Catholic publisher of books in the areas of prayer and spirituality, pastoral ministry, and adolescent catechesis. We are currently seeking a Publicist to join our marketing department.
This purpose of this position is to develop and implement publicity strategies to garner media attention for Ave Maria Press authors as well as developing corporate communication materials to raise the profile of Ave Maria Press in the Catholic press.
The publicist works closely with the Vice-President of Sales and Marketing and is involved in multiple aspects of marketing Ave Maria Press books. This is a very team-oriented position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Announce publication of new titles and author news through pre-publication galley mailings, press releases, press kits, media advisories, and use of publicity database subscription programs.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with members of the media.
• Pitch author interviews, features, reviews, podcasts, excerpts, and book-related coverage to print, radio, television, and online outlets on national and regional levels-with a strong focus on Catholic media.
• Arrange for author speaking engagements at major conferences. Coordinate with conference planners as well as authors to ensure all details are handled. Inform appropriate marketing personnel about sales opportunities at events.
• Conduct routine searches for media coverage of Ave Maria Press books and authors using Google Alerts and other social media outlets.
• Post news, events, links, reviews, and multi-media content to company website and social media channels to support products and authors.
• Write author bios, web copy, sales and promotional copy for catalogs, press releases, press kits, book jackets, and any other materials as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to collect and analyze data.
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English writing, communication, or related field.
• 2-5 years marketing or publicity experience preferred.
• Creative, self-starting, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to coordinate for and represent Ave Maria Press at exhibits and conferences around the country.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Proficiency in design software a plus.
• Actively practicing Catholic preferred.
Ave Maria Press has an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation, and a professional environment. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position located in Notre Dame, Indiana. Qualified individuals should send their resume and salary requirements to Pattie Gates at [email protected] (96)