This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PT PARISH BOOKKEEPER
Accounting/Finance, PT Employee
St. Joseph Church (Bound Brook, NJ)
We are seeking Bookkeeper/Business Manager (part time; 24 hours per week, does not include lunch hour), who will be primarily responsible for the financial, accounting, reporting and internal control processes of the parish. This individual will serve in an advisory and consultative capacity to the Pastor and Finance Council on strategic and business matters, and will serve as a key contact to diocesan HR and Finance offices.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, interpersonal, managerial and communications skills. Proficiency in Excel, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office is required. Prior experience in a parish or diocesan environment is a plus.
Education/Experience: Undergraduate degree in accounting, business, finance or a related field; 3-5 years of accounting or business management experience; or an equivalent mix of education and experience.
Religious Requirement: Must be a practicing Roman Catholic who upholds the teaching and traditions of the Church and who possesses a sound working knowledge of the Catholic faith and Church hierarchy.
• Prepare semi-monthly payroll.
• Coordinate the collection/accounting of offerings (e.g. – Mass stipends, funerals, weddings, flowers, etc.) and prepare for deposit.
• Prepare and submit payment for parish bills, as invoiced.
• Reconcile bank accounts to bank statements.
• Respond to parishioner requests for tax reporting.
• Prepare necessary journal entries and financial statements to the Parish Finance Council and issue annual W-2 and 1099 statements and file end of year report to IRS and State.
Knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel is preferred as well as an understanding of basic accounting principles.
This is a part time position. 24 hours a week, Monday to Thursday. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, forward your resume and salary to: [email protected]
* Please note that due to the anticipated level of response, we will only contact those candidates who we are interested in pursuing. No phone calls please. (64)
Incoming search terms:
- st joseph church bound brook