This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PROMOTION AND RECRUITING COORDINATOR
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Franciscan University of Steubenville (Steubenville, OH)
Date: March 18, 2014
Position Available: Promotion and Recruiting Coordinator – SG7
Position Reports to: Director of Engagement and Partnerships
Department: Christian Outreach Office
FLSA Status: Exempt (Professional)
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., evenings and weekends
The Promotion and Recruiting Coordinator is responsible for maximizing demand generation for new conference sites. Working closely with the COO’s partnership, engagement, and marketing functions and in partnership with our regional conference partners, primary responsibilities include assessing the current youth ministry environment, recruiting and training youth leaders, and coordinating initiatives and events that promote the upcoming conference.
1. Work closely with Regional Conference Partners, gaining understanding of organizational structures and capabilities.
2. Formulate strategy and construct action plans, given assessment of current youth ministry environment, including statistics for number of groups, parishes, active leaders, etc.
3. Securing youth ministry base while recruiting and training area coordinators and youth leaders.
4. Plan and manage the execution of local promotional events, including establishing and managing budget, securing venue, arranging for Ministry Team, promotion of event, and all logistics.
5. Promoting upcoming Conference as required, including social media, giving talks, etc.
6. Create resources that equip group leaders to be successful on the diocesan and parish level.
7. Recruit, manage and support Regional Promotions Coordinators.
8. Recruit, train, motivate, and manage new group leaders.
9. Develop engagement resources that help prepare group leaders and teens for the conference experience.
10. Serve as program director for youth and young adult conferences.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the University’s needs.
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
Skills & Competencies:
1. Understanding of Catholic Youth Ministry with a focus on evangelization and discipleship.
2. Proven ability to recruit and train youth ministry volunteers.
3. Ability to organize and execute Catholic youth ministry events.
4. Ability to conduct research and analyze results.
5. Word, Excel, Power Point, Web based apps, etc.
6. Outstanding verbal communication skills.
1. Good communication and organizational skills, including writing.
2. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
3. Ability to work as part of a team, effectively communicating with other team members and outside constituencies.
4. Ability to analyze the needs of dioceses and parishes and construct effective strategies for meeting strategic goals.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Theology, Catechetics or related field.
• 3-5 years of recruiting and training volunteers in a ministry environment.
• Must be willing to travel overnight extensively year-round.
• Nights and weekend week work as required.
Candidates must submit a resume, a list of three references, and a cover letter which demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
Please apply via email to: [email protected]
For other information and job postings, visit our website at www.franciscan.edu.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. (120)
Incoming search terms:
- franciscan university steubenville ohio