This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PROJECT COORDINATOR–OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
Summary: The position coordinates the planning & execution of all projects, including events, held by the Secretariat for the New Evangelization. It operates within a team context and engages in significant ministry collaboration with secretariat staff to develop and provide resources, formation and services in areas related to lifelong faith formation (children, youth, young adult, and adult catechesis, initiation and evangelization). The position is open to some modification in accord with talents and expertise of the individual hired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate planning and execution of events sponsored by the Secretariat for the New Evangelization.
• Streamline and manage all event programming, logistics, promotion and registration.
• Assist in recruitment of volunteers for committees (when appropriate).
• Serve as office’s first point of contact for internal and external individuals.
• Answer inbound telephone calls in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
• Coordinate meetings, events, training sessions and projects.
• Review and summarize files, emails or other documents, often on complex and highly confidential matters.
• Anticipate office needs in all administrative areas and follow through on initiatives with little direct supervision.
• Interact in a positive and professional manner with staff and visitors at the Pastoral Center.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• BA required, Master’s Degree in theology, pastoral ministry or planning preferred.
• 4+ years experience in event/training/retreat coordination
• A Catholic in good standing, who understands and supports the mission of the Church and of the Archdiocese of Boston
• A willingness to be a leader in the Evangelization effort of the Church, including being a witness to one’s own relationship with Christ
• Experience working in a Catholic entity, as well as knowledge of the Catholic faith and the Church’s mission for the New Evangelization.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working with the public and handling issues/complaints in a diplomatic manner.
• Ability to be detail oriented, and to work independently.
• Flexibility in work hours, to accommodate the need to be in the Parishes on evenings and weekends when necessary.
• A positive and upbeat attitude and demeanor.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (and/or equivalent) software; knowledge and experience in web development/management and/or technology and catechesis a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential, time-sensitive and critical matters using good judgment, tact, respect and discretion.
• Ability to anticipate needs, establish priorities, maintain confidentiality, demonstrate discretion, project a positive attitude and exercise a high level of professionalism.
• Strong skills in organizing, multi-tasking and following through in a busy, changing environment with little direct supervision.
• Excellent relationship-building skills with a focus on service to others; high level of energy, creativity and humor; ability to establish trust and work collaboratively.
• Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail and/or telephone. (53)
Incoming search terms:
- New Evangelization Archdiocese Boston MA