This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PROGRAM MANAGER, UNIVERSITY MINISTRIES
Young Adult Ministry, FT Employee
St. Bonaventure University (St. Bonaventure, NY)
Program Manager, University Ministries
Reporting to the Executive Director of Faith Formation, Worship and Ministries, manage the operations of the Warming House, Bona Buddies Youth Mentoring and related programming of University Ministries. This includes recruitment, selection, training, and supervision of student coordinators, mentors, and community volunteers; facilitate reflection groups and sessions with respective students of St. Bonaventure University; monitoring budgets and expenses, coordinating fundraising, maintaining all mandated data and records, and ensuring order and compliance with all related contracts and leases.
Education: Master’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology or Theology preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: Two years’ work or related experience/activity working with at-risk youth and/or other vulnerable populations in a non-profit setting. Experience in mentoring and spiritual development and developmental education.
Additional Examples of Duties:
1. Develop and maintain relationships with community volunteers.
2. Represent the University at local and regional meetings.
3. Assist in logistics/delivery of programs pertinent to the Warming House and Bona Buddies and maintain master calendar.
4. Seek funding, grants, and donations in support of the Warming House and Bona Buddies programs.
5. Serve as a member of University Ministries Team.
6. Design and implement special/summer programming, including but not limited to Bona Buddies Summer Camp.
Qualifications for Appointment:
1. Ability to support St. Bonaventure University’s Franciscan Mission.
2. Knowledge and understanding of college students’ lifestyle.
3. Ability to establish and maintain rapport with surrounding community.
4. Ability to work with at-risk youth, adults in poverty and other vulnerable populations.
5. Ability to establish and maintain order in a community soup kitchen setting with a diverse population.
6. Valid Driver’s License
7. Virtus training and background check required.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references as soon as possible to [email protected] or mail hard copy to Fr. Francis Di Spigno, P.O. Box AR, St. Bonaventure, NY 14778. Application review will begin immediately.
St. Bonaventure University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff and student body, and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. (244)