This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PROGRAM DIRECTOR, ST. MARGARET OF CORTONA
Management, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Woodbridge, VA)
St. Margaret of Cortona Transitional Residences help homeless families to reestablish independence after they have exited an emergency shelter. Participating families are provided with low-income housing and intensive support during the twelve to twenty-four months at St. Margret of Cortona. St. Margaret of Cortona staff and volunteers offer life skills, spiritual formation, and financial literacy classes, employment training, and personal case management to residents.
The Program Director is responsible for directing all aspects of operations and assuring the safety of the 12 unit transitional housing for families. The Program Director oversees all administrative and client related services. This position is responsible for supervising all staff and volunteers in the St. Margaret Cortona Transitional Residences. The position is full-time and requires on-call availability in evenings, holidays and weekends.
• Responsible for day-to-day operation of St. Margaret of Cortona Transitional Residences. Oversees the maintenance of records, the assurance of confidentiality, and standards of practice.
• Works closely with clinicians and psychologist providing assessment and ongoing counseling.
• Responsible for meeting budgetary measurements, managing grants, and outcomes.
• Provides and coordinates the ongoing individual supervision of staff to include full-and part-time employees. Provides internship opportunities for accredited colleges/universities and recruits, orients, trains, and supervises qualified volunteer help.
• Conducts annual personnel evaluations, administers leave in accordance with agency policy, and conducts staff meetings for program employees and community meetings for residents.
• Develops, supervises and inaugurates services that carry out the mission and vision of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington for homeless persons in need of transitional housing to include:
o Case Management – Intake interviews, development of diagnosis and case management plans, provision of problem solving and supportive case management, referral to appropriate resources. The emphasis is on resolving current problems, preventing financial breakdowns, and strengthening relationships. Integration with spiritual development of residents
o Educational Programs – Staff presents programs on pertinent issues as the need arises. Integration with on-site mental health services.
o Referral Services – Staff refers clients in need of more in-depth services to appropriate resources in the community.
o Property Management – Staff maintains all apartments to meet housing code and provides basic furnishings and household goods.
• Generates funds by regulating the payment of the fee structure of Occupancy Fees to reflect income and resources of the client.
• Works with Senior Management to develop a strategic plan.
• Assures that all programming is in concert with the teachings of the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
• Acts as a spokesperson for St. Margaret of Cortona of Catholic Charities-Diocese of Arlington on a day-to-day basis. She/he is responsible for insuring timely responses to telephone calls, visits, and community inquiries. She/he is responsible for communicating the work and mission of the agency as it relates to family services programs. She/he is responsible for placing the work within the context of the diocesan-wide mission and services.
• Informs the community about the mission of the agency and the services available. The Program Director represents the agency in work with other agencies in the community. Her/his professional actions (and those of her/his employees) must reflect the mission and goals of Catholic Charities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• Experience working in non-profit management.
• Knowledge of homelessness and direct experience working with clients in the human services field and in residential settings.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise a team.
• Ability to speak effectively before individuals, public groups and employees of the organization.
• Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being willing to “roll up the sleeves” and get tasks done.
• Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team and organization
• Minimum of two years of volunteer coordination and/or program management experience.
• 3 years’ experience with grant writing and fund raising.
• 4 years’ experience building programs and working outreach.
• Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Suite and the Internet.
Physical Abilities for Performance of Duties:
• Sensory functions sufficient to perform physical tasks around the office (moving supplies, furniture, etc.), participate in social work services, operate office machinery, and perform major duties outlined above.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time (one hour or more) provide casework services and participate in meetings; possess a valid driver’s license and drive agency vehicles as required
The Director travels to local offices for meetings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] No phone calls, please. (235)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities employee performqnde evaluation summary
- catholic church woodbridge va
- saint Margaret of cortona family residence va
- st margaret cortona transitional residential application
- subsidized housing in woodbridge va