This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PROGRAM DIRECTOR, CHRIST HOUSE
Management, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Alexandria, VA)
Are you committed to working in an environment that changes men’s lives? Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington may have the perfect opportunity for you. We are seeking a full-time director to manage Christ House, a program-oriented transitional housing for men in Alexandria, VA. Founded in 1973, Christ House provides food to the hungry, shelter to the homeless, and clothing to those in need. We offer temporary housing for 18 men, providing a structured continuum of treatment and training designed to help clients find their gifts and talents, promote self-sufficiency and enable them to lead productive, healthy and fulfilling lives.
The Program Director is responsible for the operations of Christ House. The Program Director will manage day-to-day (24×7) operations of the facility, including hiring and staffing; develop new and innovative approaches to help advance clients toward achievement of their goals; actively participate in case management and facilitation of support groups; and serve as coach, advocate and resource to staff and clients alike. Additionally, the Program Director will ensure the program is operated in compliance with local, state and federal guidelines, funding contracts and outcome measures. Finally, the Program Director will maximize volunteer contributions to Christ House objectives, and will promote positive relationships within the community. The position will require some evening work as well as on-call responsibilities.
• Responsible for day-to-day operation of Christ House. Oversees the maintenance of records, the assurance of confidentiality, and standards of practice.
• Works closely with clinicians providing assessment and ongoing counseling.
• Responsible for meeting budgets, managing grants, and outcomes.
• Provides and coordinates the ongoing individual supervision of staff to include full-and part-time employees. Provides internship opportunities for accredited colleges/universities and recruits, orients, trains, and supervises qualified volunteer help.
• Conducts annual personnel evaluations, administers leave in accordance with agency policy, and conducts staff meetings for program employees and community meetings for residents.
• Develops, supervises and inaugurates services that carry out the mission and vision of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington for homeless persons in need of transitional housing to include:
o Case Management – Intake interviews, development of diagnosis and case management plans, provision of problem solving and supportive case management, counseling, and referral to appropriate resources. The emphasis is on resolving current problems, preventing financial breakdowns, strengthening relationships, and integration with spiritual development of residents
o Educational Programs – Staff presents programs on pertinent issues as the need arises.
o Referral Services – Staff refers clients in need of more in-depth services to appropriate resources in the community.
o Property Management – Staff maintains facility to meet housing code and provides basic furnishings and household goods.
• Works with Senior Management to develop a strategic plan.
• Acts as a spokesperson for Christ House of Catholic Charities-Diocese of Arlington on a day-to-day basis. She/he is responsible for insuring timely responses to telephone calls, visits, and community inquiries. She/he is responsible for communicating the work and mission of the agency as it relates to family services programs. She/he is responsible for placing the work within the context of the diocesan-wide mission and services.
• Informs the community about the mission of the agency and the services available. The Program Director represents the agency with other service providers in the community. Her/his professional actions (and those of her/his employees) must reflect the mission and goals of Catholic Charities.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• Experience working in non-profit management.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a residential or transitional setting. Must include direct experience managing programs and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise a team.
• Ability to work in high stress environment; strong ability to effectively resolve immediate crises and conflicts
• Ability to speak effectively before individuals, public groups and employees of the organization.
• Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being willing to “roll up the sleeves” and get tasks done.
• Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team and organization
• Minimum of two years of volunteer coordination and/or program management experience.
• 3 years’ experience with grant writing and fund raising.
• 4 years’ experience building programs and working outreach.
• Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Must be willing to uphold Catholic moral and social justice teachings in the workplace.
Please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] No phone calls, please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. (179)
Incoming search terms:
- CATHOLIC CHARITIES - CHRIST HOUSE
- catholic charities arlington alexandria va
- catholic homeless shelter & arlington VA
- christ house alexandria va