Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
The mission of the Office of Multicultural Ministries is to support and serve the pastoral needs of the various, diverse Catholic ethnic communities within the Diocese of Arlington. The undertaking of assisting with Diocesan Events is to provide a professional and seamless flow to Catholic events involving various departments, organizations and parishes of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington.
The Program Assistant provides administrative support within the office and facilitates development of programs and pastoral initiatives of the Director of Multicultural Ministries and the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington within the multicultural communities. The Program Assistant additionally works with the Diocesan Events Coordinator routinely on a variety of tasks related to different events located within the Diocese of Arlington.
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
• Handle all office administrative details.
• Daily engagement and coordination with Diocesan Catholic Multicultural Ministries, programs and events.
• Coordinate meetings, functions and activities.
• Ability to prepare routine and advance correspondence. Work with Microsoft and Adobe software products to complete and produce multicultural and event related materials.
• Creativity, decision-making, interpersonal skills, teamwork, negotiation, independent judgment/action, problem analysis, and service orientation.
• Make travel arrangements, process expense reimbursement reports, disbursement vouchers, and coordinate deposits. Assistance in record keeping of the ministerial budgets, annual preparation and monthly review of the Office of Multicultural Ministries expenditures.
• Coordinate translation of documents for diocesan departments and multicultural communities.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
• 5 years progressive experience in office administration and clerical support in a business office.
• Occasional evening and weekend engagements.
• Practicing Catholic preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• An opportunity to further your career
• A two thousand year old mission
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• A family friendly workplace
• Discounted tuition for your children to attend our elementary and high schools
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected] Place “Program Assistant” in the subject line of the email. We will accept applications through February 21, 2014. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- arlington va news
- arlington va housing assistance program
- catholic diocese o dallas curriculum