PROFESSOR IN CLASSICS – LATIN AND GREEK
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Legion of Christ College of Humanities (Cheshire, CT)
The Legion of Christ College of Humanities in Cheshire, CT is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of professor in Classics to teach Latin and Greek language and literature classes within the humanities program. As a member of our faculty, the individual will share in the formation of Roman Catholic seminarians preparing for the priesthood.
The following courses and contents are assigned to the position of Professor in Classics (subject to change):
• L 211 and 212 Intermediate Latin I, II
• L 213 and 214 Intermediate Latin III, IV
• G 213 and 214 Intermediate Greek I, II
• G 377 and 378 Selections of Early Christian Greek Texts I, II
• Collaboration in the development of textbooks
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Master’s Degree in Classics, required
• Course design experience, desired
• Previous teaching experience, preferred
• Pedagogical skill, required
• Mastery of both classical and ecclesiastical Latin, required
• Mastery of both classical and Biblical Greek, required
• Desire to educate in a Catholic environment and direct classes not only from a philological but also cultural-religious perspective.
• Ability to cooperate in a team with other faculty to further advance and improve the language program
• A practicing Roman Catholic is a bona fide occupational requirement of the position.
The College offers a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes medical and dental healthcare insurance, 401(k) retirement benefits, and paid vacation, personal and holiday time off.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and two references to the dean of studies either in electronic format ([email protected]) or per fax/mail to:
Fr Andreas Kramarz, LC
Legion of Christ College of Humanities
475 Oak Avenue
06410 Cheshire, CT
Fax: (203) 271 3845
Incoming search terms:
- Cheshire CT
- roman catholic colleges classics latin courses