This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PROFESSIONAL WORK-STUDY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Cristo Rey Columbus High School (Columbus, OH)
We are seeking a skilled educational leader who is passionate about the Cristo Rey mission. This position is the second such position in the PWSP department and will report to the Director of PWSP. Generally, the Professional Work-Study Program Coordinator will be responsible for building strong relationships with students as a job coach, coordinating the daily operations of the PWSP, and interacting with the supervisors at the students’ worksites.
• A Bachelor’s Degree.
• Education experience (either teaching or administrative) is preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Successful leadership and management experience.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced work environment and be a self-starter.
• Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds of the student body.
• Proficient in WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, and database management.
• Commitment to the mission of the school and the Cristo Rey Mission Effectiveness Standards.
• Willingness to work extended days; students will begin arriving at 7:00 a.m. and return from their
worksites at approximately 5:00 p.m. Weekend and evening work is also likely and expected.
• Valid driver’s license.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities 1. Student Formation
• Work with PWSP Director and other PWSP Coordinator to develop curriculum and coordinate the student Summer Training Program.
• Coordinate parent/student orientations and events.
• Assist with the formation of student teams and job assignments based upon requests from students and Business Sponsors, student’s academic skills, personality assessments, and job descriptions provided by Business Sponsors to ensure successful job placement.
• Create, coordinate, and implement student and Business Sponsor recognition strategies.
2. Dress Code/Attendance
• Review students’ uniform attire every morning; identify and correct any issues.
• Assist with daily check-in/check-out with respect to students’ departure for and arrival from worksites.
• Manage daily PWSP attendance and prepare attendance reports.
• Coordinate the processing of time sheets with Business Sponsors.
3. Performance Reviews/Student Coaching
• Manage the distribution and collection of student performance reviews: coordinate the reporting and analysis of student performance reviews.
• Schedule and attend parent/teacher/administrator conferences as needed.
• Schedule and coordinate individual and group meetings with students, Business Sponsors, and other school personnel as needed, utilizing feedback from Business Sponsors to ensure satisfaction.
• Develop and maintain a job coach relationship with students.
4. Business Sponsor Relations
• Support PWSP Director in managing relationships with Business Sponsors, including but not limited to: making regular phone calls, e-mails, and worksite visits; updating databases and responding to evaluations.
• Provide regular and timely updates on any issues regarding student placements with Business Sponsors.
• Serve as a point person for students and Business Sponsors regarding absences and tardiness, make-up days and holiday work-days, overseeing the collection of forms and recording of data associated with these days.
• Serve as the primary contact with students who become sick on the job and coordinate timely pickups.
• Coordinate and/or assist with other activities involving students and Business Sponsors.
• Assist PWSP Director and other PWSP Coordinator with coordinating PWSP bus schedules for morning and afternoon routes.
• Serve as one of the points of contact for transportation provider.
6. Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Address and enforce all school policies with an emphasis on success at the worksite.
• Attend student recruitment events led by the Admissions Department as needed.
• Assist with other PWSP duties as assigned by the Director.
This summary does not necessarily describe all job duties and responsibilities. The Professional Work-Study Program Coordinator reports directly to the PWSP Director and must be able to begin work on October1, 2014.
If you have the required background and a passion for the mission of this school, we invite you to apply. We request a cover letter explaining why you feel that you are a match for this unique position. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Carolyn S. Flahive at [email protected] Cristo Rey Columbus High School will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the hiring of its certified or non-certified personnel. (105)