This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Providence Cristo Rey High School (Indianapolis, IN)
Who We Are
Located minutes from downtown Indianapolis, Providence Cristo Rey is a private, college-preparatory high school for students from families with limited financial means. Like all Cristo Rey Network schools PCRHS combines rigorous classroom instruction with real-life corporate work study experiences for students by partnering with the most recognizable companies in the Indianapolis area. Our Corporate Work Study program provides students the opportunity to learn job skills, explore career opportunities, and build their network. The CWS program is the linchpin that makes our faith-based, college preparatory education affordable to all students and families who could not otherwise afford a Catholic education. We opened in 2007; our first graduating class was in 2010. 100% of our seniors have been accepted to college.
Who We Are Looking For
The President and the Principal provide mission leadership for the entire school. As the chief academic officer of the school, the Principal provides leadership for faculty and students in a way that creates a positive learning environment, a highly functioning school, and respect for diversity and student culture. The Principal is responsible for the execution of a well-developed, college-ready curriculum executed by an excellent faculty using evidence-based instructional strategies. The Principal creates a culture of respect and achievement by fostering teamwork, collaboration, and communication throughout the entire school and across departments and job descriptions. The Principal is a member of the school’s leadership team, actively collaborating with the Vice President of Corporate Work Study and Institutional Advancement, and the Directors of Corporate Work Study, Admissions, Finance, and Communications and Marketing.
Primary Responsibilities (reflects some but not all; see job description for complete list)
• Directs the recruitment, selection, and retention of faculty, vice/assistant principal(s), other instructional and extracurricular staff who are best fitted to the mission of the school
• Leads the implementation of the common, rigorous, college-ready curriculum so that all students can achieve at high levels
• Leads teachers towards consistent use of evidence-based instructional strategies with a high probability of increasing student achievement
• Leads teachers in interpreting and using student achievement data to inform instruction
• Develops and executes an effective faculty professional development program through the support of the Cristo Rey Network, ensuring classroom impact with an emphasis on classroom management techniques
• Uses a research-based framework to routinely coach and supervise teachers, completing a summative evaluation for every teacher
• Coordinates standardized testing as required by Indiana and the Cristo Rey Network
• Oversees the development and maintenance of school accreditation with the identified national/state accrediting agency (AdvancED)
• Practicing Catholic
• Master’s degree in education or related field
• Minimum 5 years experience teaching or combination of teaching/administration in a secondary school
• Experience in school administration, with principal certification
• Successful leadership and management experience
• Experience in an urban school required; experience in a Cristo Rey Network school is beneficial
• Sensitivity to the diverse ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds of the student body.
• Commitment to the school’s mission and the Cristo Rey Mission Effectiveness Standards
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus
The Principal reports directly to the President and will work with and assist the President as needed. This summary does not describe all job responsibilities, and a full job description is available upon request. The Principal will begin job duties at the beginning of the PCRHS school year on July 1, 2013.
If you have the requested background and a passion for the mission of this school, we invite you to apply by March 15, 2013 (visit www.pcrhs.org/employment/employment.aspx for information and an application). An application, resume, and three letters of reference are required, in addition to a copy of your transcripts. Please include a statement of your educational philosophy and explain your desire to work at a Cristo Rey Network school. Submit your application packet to President Joseph P. Heidt at [email protected] (155)
Incoming search terms:
- cristo rey high school
- cristo rey
- cristo rey high school indianapolis
- job description and selection
- providence cristo rey high school indianapolis