PRINCIPAL, MARIA REGINA HIGH SCHOOL
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Maria Regina High School (Hartsdale, NY)
Maria Regina High School in Hartsdale, New York, one of New York’s most highly-regarded parochial high schools for young women, is seeking a new leader to serve as its Principal.
Maria Regina, often referred to as “Maria,” is an independent Roman Catholic all-girls secondary school founded in 1957 by the Sisters of the Resurrection. At Maria Regina academic excellence is sought within a Catholic environment, an environment that reinforces the dignity, respect, and call to discipleship of all. The entire school program challenges students to develop their intellectual potential as well as their physical and social skills. Recognizing the diversity of the personal, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds present among its approximately 500 students, Maria strives to increase awareness of the individual and group uniqueness of the school community in an effort to respond to the crucial needs of youth in today’s society. This philosophy at Maria Regina is implemented through an integrated effort on the part of the entire faculty and staff, students, parents, and alumnae. For more information about Maria Regina High School, please visit www.mariaregina.org.
Among the many hallmarks of Maria Regina recently cited by students, faculty, parents, and graduates are these:
• A school that is family and community oriented
• A place of joy and happiness
• A highly respected, college-prep school
• The Catholic tradition of service to others is a centerpiece of the school
• The charism of the school is vital and apparent
• Diversity of all kinds is respected
• Parents and graduates are dedicated, enthusiastic, and very supportive.
Among the leadership challenges for the school that were recently cited by students, faculty, parents, and graduates are these:
• Maintaining the commitment to the school’s mission and philosophy
• Evaluating and enhancing the academic program
• Continuing the efforts to improve the physical plant
• Ensuring adequate enrollment in the future
• Undertaking a strategic planning process.
Parents, faculty, staff, current students and graduates recently had an opportunity to provide input to the Board of Trustees about the personal characteristics and professional skills, background, and experiences that should be sought in the new Principal. Based upon that input, the Board recently approved the following specifications to be used in its search for the new Principal of Maria Regina High School:
The successful candidate for the principalship of Maria Regina High School will be:
• A spiritual person who lives and values the charism of Catholic education as well as the spirit of family and community already present at Maria Regina High School, and who feels called to serve as a role model for the students in a Catholic secondary school;
• A compassionate, collaborative leader who, preferably, has had experience as a teacher and administrator in a Catholic school setting, and who has demonstrated the ability to plan and work effectively with and for students, faculty, staff, and parents in order to achieve the goals of Maria Regina High School;
• A visible, accessible, approachable person who possesses and demonstrates strong “people skills” with all stakeholders and who is willing to listen, and then, make decisions with the best interest of students in mind, and who will then communicate these decisions to all constituents in a clear and timely manner;
• A dedicated, warm, and caring leader who respects the values and traditions of Maria Regina High School while, at the same time, helps to inspire students, teachers, parents, and alumnae to reach consensus on their vision of what can be in the school’s future;
• A highly-skilled, two-way communicator who can lead successful student recruitment efforts and an alumnae relations program and ensure adequate funding for the sustainability of Maria Regina High School;
• An educator who has broad knowledge of 21st century approaches to curriculum and instruction as well as school finance, budgeting, and the ongoing improvement of facilities, and is able to delegate to and support staff members who are held accountable for their responsibilities.
The salary and benefits will be regionally competitive. Holding or being eligible for New York State certification as a School Building Leader (SBL or SAS) is preferred. Interested persons should go to www.leadschools.us, click on “Current vacancies” and follow the application link to www.applitrack.com. A current resume and a cover letter detailing how the candidate meets the above specifications should be uploaded into the application file. The application deadline is June 30, 2014. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- finances of maria regina high school hartsdale ny
- maria regina faculty westchester ny
- maria regina high school in hartsdale
- maria regina high school principal
- regina liberties school PA
- who is theprincipal at Maria Reginahigh School hartsdale ny
- Woodlands High School Hartsdale NY