Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Bishop Kelly High School (Boise, ID)
A Catholic community achieving excellence in Learning, Service, and Life
Bishop Kelly High School’s (BKHS) mission as a Catholic, Christian educational community is to develop the whole student in the Catholic tradition- Spirit, Mind, and Body.
The BK Way Culture- What we believe and how we act
• Safe and Caring Place
• Academic Excellence
POSITION TITLE: Principal
REPORTS TO: Bishop Kelly High School President and upon request through the President to the Board of Governance
SUPERVISES: Assistant Principal(s), staff and faculty
RATIONALE: The Principal of Bishop Kelly High School must -first and foremost- share in the spiritual leadership of the BKHS Community, preserving and promoting the school’s mission.
The Principal shares in the visionary and strategic leadership of the President and personally promotes the success of all students and staff by participating in the development, articulation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the staff, students, parents, and Catholic Community as a whole.
The Principal is the instructional leader, promoting the academic, spiritual, and extracurricular success of all students, and the professional growth of all staff, by ensuring a unified vision and integration of the total school program.
The Principal shares in the management and organizational leadership by promoting a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment, and manages the organization, operations, and resources for the success of all students and staff.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Models the life of a believing and practicing Catholic.
• Fosters a Christian environment within the school setting.
• Provides opportunities for religious growth for faculty and staff.
• Works with the campus ministry to ensure that students have opportunities
for spiritual growth and community service experiences.
• Exercises vigilance in guaranteeing that the program of religious education sponsored by Bishop Kelly High School -instruction and ministry- reflects the approved teaching and practices of the Catholic Church and Diocesan guidelines.
Visionary and Strategic Leadership:
• In collaboration with the President and as requested by the BKHS Board of Governance, develops measurable short and long-term goals and objectives for appropriate areas of school life, including staffing, curriculum development, facilities.
• Communicates short and long-range goals and objectives, as well as the mission statement to the school community, most particularly within the faculty, staff and student body.
• In collaboration with the President and BKHS Board of Governance, is responsible to see that a clearly articulated educational strategic plan is implemented.
• In conjunction with the Assistant Principal(s), staff and faculty, oversees the following:
Development, implementation, evaluation, and refinement of curriculum and assessment based on research, teacher expertise, student and community needs, secondary Catholic educational best practices, state and national curriculum standards and Diocesan guidelines.
Promotion of effective and innovative research-based instructional strategies.
Promotion and implementation of a professional development plan that is focused on student learning and is consistent with the school vision and goals.
Use and promotion of technology to advance faith formation, student learning, professional development, and overall school success.
Recruitment, selection, hire, supervision, evaluation, retention or termination of academic, secretarial, and counseling staff and volunteers in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Boise.
Management and Organizational Leadership:
• Assists the President and when requested assists the BKHS Board of Governance development of policies required for the proper operations of Bishop Kelly High School.
• Ensures the implementation of Board of Governance adopted policies in all areas.
• Assists the President in providing a safe, effective learning facility.
• Assists the President in providing the implementation of appropriate record management that meets all confidentiality and documentation requirements.
• Oversees the preparation of a master schedule, staff assignment, and student scheduling.
• Uses and actively promotes problem-solving and conflict management skills and strategies that foster positive student and teacher performance.
• Coordinates all accreditation compliance for Idaho secondary schools, private schools, and Catholic secondary educational requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF PRINCIPAL OF BKHS:
For the position of Principal of BKHS, the ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
1. Have at least a Masters Degree and in keeping with the certification standards of the Idaho Department of Education, possess, or be capable of obtaining, within the period of certificate reciprocity, an Administrator Certificate with a principal endorsement, issued by the Idaho Department of Education.
2. In order to be an appropriate role model as a practicing Catholic, be a person of high moral standards with a reputation for integrity, vision and imagination, and a lifestyle in conformity with the philosophy and teachings of the Catholic Church.
3. Subscribe in full to the philosophical concepts and expectations outlined in the Rationale section of this position description, and particularly to those that relate to the doctrines and teachings of the Catholic Church and the ideals and traditions of Catholic education.
4. Demonstrate the qualities of flexibility, firmness and consistency, so essential for dealing effectively with students, teachers, parents, and the general public.
5. Demonstrate exemplary skills in written and oral communication, and be willing to utilize these on behalf of the school in both private and public settings.
6. Demonstrate successful experiences as a classroom teacher or school counselor /building administrator.
7. Have five year school administration experience.
8. Possess a clear understanding of the various curricular and co-curricular programs, and how they can assume their appropriate roles in a balanced program of learning experiences for students in a Catholic high school.
9. Demonstrates strong relationship skills and the ability to build trust and confidence with faculty, staff, students, and parents.
10. Demonstrates values and behaviors consistent with the BK Way culture (attached).
The President evaluates the performance of the principal of Bishop Kelly High School annually. The evaluation of the Principal will be guided by the mission of the school, the strategic plan, the role description, the input from staff, and the goals proposed by the Principal, and the Personnel Policies of the Diocese of Boise. A written evaluation shall be provided to the principal.
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: Employment terms will be addressed in a written employment contract. (91)
Incoming search terms:
- bishop kelly high school
- bishop kelley high schoolprofessionaldevelopmentplan
- bishop kelly high school football
- bishop kelly high school in boise id
- principals student learning objectives