Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
High School Administrator Opening – Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Principal Monsignor Bonner and Archbishop Prendergast High School
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office of Catholic Education seeks a dynamic, innovative, results-driven leader for Principal of Monsignor Bonner and Archbishop Prendergast High School. Monsignor Bonner and Archbishop Prendergast High School is co-educational high school located in Delaware County and has an enrollment of over 900 students. The Principal is appointed by the Secretary for Catholic Education and Superintendent for Secondary Schools. The Principal reports directly to the President and the Superintendent for Secondary Schools. The Principal has both the authority and responsibility for the daily operations of the school including the school’s academic success and continuous improvement.
As the Principal of the school, the primary responsibilities include:
• Catholic Identity: Promotes the essential characteristics and fundamental values of a Catholic school. Advances a spirit conducive to prayer and study across the school community.
• Leadership: Provides personal and visible leadership to all members of the learning community and seeks continuous school improvement in a student-centric environment. The Principal ensures equity in educational opportunities, supports academic programs and enhancements, and provides a safe, rigorous, relevant, quality education for all students.
• Enrollment and Development Management: Collaborates with the President and the President’s staff in marketing and development initiatives to increase enrollment and retention.
• Academic Affairs: Designs the academic program of the school ensuring program enhancement using the most current research and best practices available to education; provides for the teaching assignments of the teachers, requisitions instructional materials and equipment, and approves the master roster for the school.
• Student Affairs: Oversees the successful implementation of all student activities and athletic programs sponsored by the high school.
• Student Services: Provides for the student-centric climate; enforcement of the local school code of conduct, for the availability of guidance and counseling services, and for the delivery of other services that are offered to students.
• Student Admissions: Develops the criteria for admission to the school that are consistent with diocesan guidelines and makes certain that these criteria are consistently utilized in making decisions concerning admissions to the school.
• Supervision: Directs the supervision of the teaching faculty and support staff; the Principal also provides for the revision of the instructional programs and for continuing staff development.
• Personnel: In accord with the protocols approved for religious and diocesan priests, as well as the Labor-Management Agreement, and in consultation with the President of the school, the Principal selects members of the teaching staff, the guidance staff, athletic coaches, activity moderators, and support staff. Likewise, the Principal in consultation with the President initiates the termination process for the above-mentioned personnel following the archdiocesan guidelines and the procedures outlined in the Labor-Management Agreement.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Advanced graduate degree in educational leadership.
• A valid Secondary Pennsylvania Principal’s Certificate is desired.
• Five years of successful teaching experience.
• Strong instructional leadership, collaborative, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work productively and positively with staff, parents and community.
• Strong motivational skills.
• Ability to promote an environment which fosters high expectations for students, staff and self.
• Ability to monitor student progress and promote student achievement for all students.
• Successful participation in staff and curriculum development activities.
• Previous administrative experience.
Candidates for leadership positions within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia Secondary Schools will find great opportunity for learning and growth within the recently redesigned management and operational structure of the organization. Educational leaders ready to transform Catholic education in the Philadelphia region are welcome to apply.
The Archdiocese offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and education.
Those interested in the position should send their cover letter, resume, and transcripts to Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Human Resources, 222 North Seventeenth St. Philadelphia, PA 19103 attention James Molnar or email to [email protected]
Please mark the subject line: Candidate: Principal Bonner and Prendergast High School. The deadline for application is April 15, 2014.
Applicants must be practicing Catholics as verified by the pastor of the parish in which the applicant is registered. PA required clearances and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- james molnar archdiocese of philadelphia
- philadelphia archdiocese code of conduct for Principals
- james molnar archdiosese of philadelpihia
- philadelphia archdiocese principal application
- Phila archdiocese principal certification
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- high school principal application archdiocese of philadelphia
- james molnar archdiocese
- Jim Molnar archdiocese of philadelphia
- jim molnar office of education philadelphia