This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Other, FT Employee
St. Michael Indian School (St. Michaels, AZ)
St. Michael Indian School
St. Michael Indian School is seeking a dynamic, passionate Catholic leader capable of creating a thriving educational environment. The position requires a visionary administrator with strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and a collaborative leadership style. The President will be the face of St. Michael’s in the community, forging partnerships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and alumni, among others. This position reports to the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will:
• Participate in the Catholic Faith tradition
• Promote mission effectiveness and Catholic Identity
• Participate in Strategic Planning
• Embody and articulate the School’s mission
• Be an inspiring and trusted leader to students, parents, faculty, alumni and the civic community
• Be an outstanding educational administrator, with strong communication skills, who understands the varied functions within the school
• Have a comprehensive understanding of Native American culture
• Possess a successful track record in institutional advancement
• Exercise executive oversight of all school programs and functions
• Oversee financial affairs
• Report to and work with the School Board and its committees
For more than a century, St. Michael Indian School has provided students from local Native American communities with a quality education that is rooted in Catholic values, is sensitive to Native heritage, teaches leadership skills, and enables students to contribute in a culturally diverse world. The school was founded in 1902 by St. Katharine Drexel, who believed that an excellent, values-based Catholic education was the key to spiritual growth, empowerment, self-determination, and a better quality of life for Native Americans. Today SMIS has more than 340 students enrolled from kindergarten through high school.
SMIS is accredited by AdvancED/NCA for quality assurance and school improvement. SMIS is a member of the National Catholic Education Association and the Diocese of Gallup Catholic School System. The school’s talented and diverse faculty are recruited from across the Navajo Nation and the United States.
St. Michael Indian School is nearly equidistant from Albuquerque, New Mexico and Flagstaff, Arizona. It lies about 20 miles north of Interstate 40, about 30 miles from Gallup, New Mexico, and 90 miles from Winslow, Arizona.
The successful candidate will hold an advanced degree in Educational Administration, Business Administration or an equivalent discipline, and have five or more years of continuous, successful school leadership. Serious consideration will be given to candidates who have experience in leading change within their school.
We offer a culturally diverse, respectful work environment, housing accommodations, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants are asked to electronically submit a letter of introduction and a resume or curriculum vitae to our Search Partner, Gail Allen, from ACE Consulting, the University of Notre Dame, at [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until March 9, 2014. (231)
Incoming search terms:
- St Michael indian catholic school
- st michael indian school alumni
- st michaels az
- st michaels catholic church in st michaels az
- st michaels indian school president
- st michaels indian school website