This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Other, FT Employee
Archbishop Ryan High School (Philadelphia, PA)
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is seeking a dynamic, innovative, results-driven leader for President of Archbishop Ryan High School. The President will guide the overall direction of Archbishop Ryan High School.
Archbishop Ryan High School is a Catholic secondary coeducational institution, whose mission is committed to empowering students to become contributing members of our Church and society. In partnership with family and community, the faculty strives to teach by providing spiritual, social, and service opportunities for growth. Through a comprehensive academic curriculum, the faculty challenges students to become well-rounded, life-long learners.
The President is appointed by the Secretary for Catholic Education and reports to the Secretary for Catholic Education in matters pertaining to the administration of the school. The President works with an Advisory Board which serves in a consultative role to the President.
The President’s primary responsibilities include:
• Advisory Board: The President seeks the advice and counsel of community leaders and parents through an Advisory Board and acts as the presiding officer of that Board.
• Alumni Engagement: The President will support the efforts of the Friends of Archbishop Ryan High School (FARHS) to engage alumni in their mission.
• Catholic Identity: Promotes and role models the essential characteristics and fundamental values of a Catholic school consistent with the school mission.
• Communication: As the chief spokesperson, communicates the philosophy and programs of Archbishop Ryan High School to various constituents, including working with parent groups and representing the school at civic, religious and other public functions.
• Enrollment and Development Management: The President collaborates with the Advisory Board and the President’s staff in marketing, development and branding initiatives to increase enrollment and retention of a diverse student body. The President is responsible for meeting annual enrollment goals as set in collaboration with the Office of Catholic Education.
• Financial: Maintains oversight of financial operations and obligations of the school, working closely with the CFO and the Advisory Board.
• Institutional Advancement: Serves as the school’s chief fundraiser and main community contact. The President directs marketing efforts, recruitment strategies, and fundraising programs in collaboration with the Advancement Team and the Advisory Board. The President is responsible and works closely with the Advisory Board in recruiting and retaining corporate work sponsors to ensure financial sustainability.
• Leadership: Hires, manages, provides leadership and works closely with the Principal, who is charged with developing the academic and co-curricular program of the school including areas of: admission, academic affairs, ministry, student discipline, retention and non-academic programs.
• Planning: The President in collaboration with the Advisory Board, the school administration, and the faculty, develops and executes a strategic long-range plan that is consistent with the mission of the school and the policies of the Archdiocesan Secondary School System.
• Policies and Programs: The President approves all school policies and programs, provided they are consistent with archdiocesan policies and stated mission of the school as a Catholic Community, an academic center, and an archdiocesan institution.
• Public Representation: The President represents the school in the public forum and personally meets with selected constituencies to improve school-community relations.
• Recruitment: With a mindset of growth, leadership, and innovation, the President will ensure to pursue the best, talented staff in education and seek to build outstanding leadership at Archbishop Ryan High School.
• Retention: Works with the appropriate leadership to ensure that the school develops and evaluates all staff members.
• Resources: The President uses all available resources to provide scholarships and tuition assistance in order to make the school available to all who desire a Catholic education, support academic programs and enhancements, improve and maintain facilities, and provide for a safe, rigorous, relevant, quality education for all students.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Advanced graduate degree in education or business administration.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders, build creative and mutually beneficial relationships with the philanthropic, corporate, public and nonprofit sectors.
• Exceptional leadership skills and positive experiences leading an organization.
• Proven fundraising and/or revenue generating success.
• Significant visionary leadership and management experience, with demonstrated success in addressing immediate organizational needs but driving toward longer-term goals.
• Strategic planning experience and execution capabilities.
• Strategic enrollment management skills.
• Strong budget skills.
Candidates for leadership positions within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia Secondary Schools will find great opportunity for learning and growth within the recently redesigned management and operational structure of the organization. Business and educational leaders ready to transform Catholic education in the Philadelphia region are welcome to apply.
The Archdiocese offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and education.
Those interested in the position should send their cover letter, resume, and transcripts to Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Human Resources, 222 North Seventeenth St. Philadelphia, PA 19103 attention James Molnar or email to [email protected]
Please mark the subject line: Candidate: President Archbishop Ryan.
The deadline for application is May 9, 2014.
Applicants must be practicing Catholics as verified by the pastor of the parish in which the applicant is registered. Archbishop Ryan graduates are encouraged to apply. PA required clearances and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin. (696)
Incoming search terms:
- archbishop ryan president position
- ryan high school philadelphia
- ar hbishop ryan video
- Archbishop Ryan High School Philadelphia PA
- archbishop ryan hs
- bishop ryan catholic school