This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Executive, FT Employee
P.J. Lynch Associates (Ridgefield, CT)
Title: President and Chief Executive Officer, Catholic Charities of NW Florida
Location: 1815 N. 6th Ave., Pensacola, FL 32503
Reports to: The Diocesan Board of Directors
Compensation: $90 – 110K
Position Background: Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida covers all the counties within the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee. As the social justice arm of the Catholic Church, Catholic Charities provides resources and support for the most disadvantaged members of our communities. Through programs such as emergency assistance, “Circles” (an educational and support program to help people become self-sustaining), immigration support and adoption, we provide help and create hope for the most vulnerable citizens.
o Chief Operating Officer
o Director of Quality Improvement/Corp Compliance
o Director of Development & Marketing
o Executive Admin Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the overall leadership, management and administration of the agency. Includes developing policies, monitoring programs and assuring provision of services according to best practices standards.
• Provide leadership in the development of raising new resources for the agency through various fund development strategies such as grant writing, fundraising and private solicitation.
• Provide leadership in the planning and development of new programs growth consistent with agency
and regional strategic objectives.
• Interpret agency policies and procedures regarding program services to staff and provide primary leadership in the development of a “culture of quality”.
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing and hiring high performing, quality staff who are aligned with the mission of the organization and for adjudicating all staff grievances.
• Responsible for the development of the annual budget, in partnership with the Diocesan Board of Directors, Diocese Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Operating Officer. Monitor expenditure of funds and have final approval of program expenditures.
• Staff and support the ongoing activities of the Diocesan Board of Directors, including supporting Board committees and fundraising activities, ensuring continued Board involvement and strategic planning.
• Supervises disbursement of all funds assigned to agency for charitable and social justice issues.
Submits financial and other reports to pertinent bodies as requested by the Bishop of the Diocese, the Board of Directors and as mandated by law and/or stipulation of contracts. Approves all contracts for services.
• Supervises Senior Management and those responsible for coordination of specific programs and finances.
Responsible for overall supervision of all program areas and directly supervises those programs during times of supervisor displacement and/or while program specific training is on-going.
• Serves as the Secretariat of Catholic Charities, Peace and Justice for the Diocese and Board in the general community in matters of social welfare and social justice. Includes representing the Diocese at meetings of appropriate church-related, regional, and national organizations (i.e., Catholic Charities USA, and Campaign for Human Development), and submitting policy recommendations to the Board of Directors for its consideration and action.
• Coordinate and represent the agency in all marketing and communication activities.
• Represent the agency in interfaith activities, with a special focus on communicating and coordinating services with regional catholic parishes and parish leadership.
• Develops and maintain a culture of accreditation and performance ensuring compliance with general standards as outlined in Council on Accreditation (COA) standards of accreditation
• Ensures Risk Management initiatives are identified, investigated, assessed, addressed and reviewed in a timely manner as outlined by agency Risk Management Policy. Ensures supporting documentation is maintained. Is mindful that all incidents that involve threat of or actual harm, serious injuries, and deaths are of the utmost importance in protecting staff, clients, fiscal assets, and liabilities of Catholic Charities.
• Hired by and reports to the Bishop of the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee.
The omission of specific statements does not preclude the Board of Directors from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Education: Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred
• Experience as an Executive Director of a non-profit organization or
• Five years of proven leadership in a diverse and complex service organization.
o Experience in developing and adapting community- based programs responsive to local needs
o Experience in building formal coalitions.
o Experience in budget planning, management and fund development.
o Experience in overseeing diverse programs
• Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences
• Must be a practicing Catholic and have knowledge of and commitment to Catholic social teaching.
• Must successfully complete a level two background screening and credit check.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate and promote the vision and mission of Catholic Charities
• Knowledge of principled centered leadership, servant leadership and/or other effective leadership principles
• Familiarity with and strong commitment to Catholic social teachings.
• Knowledge of management policies and practices and COA standards
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of leading and managing a human service agency
• Knowledge of agency and community resources
• Skills in administration, planning, community organization, and program development
• Ability to work effectively with internal and external constituents, including a diverse group of individuals from many cultures and walks of life, especially the immigrant population
• Use of independent judgment and initiative.
• Analyze and evaluate information.
• Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Interested and qualified parties, please email: [email protected] with resume. (141)
Incoming search terms:
- ridgefield ct