This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PRESIDENT AND CEO
Executive, FT Employee
Cristo Rey Network (Chicago, IL)
The President & CEO is the leader of this Center Team and is ultimately responsible for the leadership, vision, execution, and overall management of the Cristo Rey Network. Building on five years of outstanding leadership by the former President and CEO, the CRN seeks a seasoned leader who can build upon this strong track record and lead the Network into and through its next stage of evolution. With this in mind, specific priorities and responsibilities for the next President & CEO will include:
Outreach and Resource Development
• Work closely with the Board of Directors and all stakeholders to develop a set of financial and philanthropic strategies and practices to generate at least $2.5-$3m annual operating revenue required by the Center Office for its own long-term financial sustainability as well as for its continued effectiveness in supporting Network schools;
• Powerfully and persuasively articulate the mission of CRN to various stakeholder groups including business, civic and political leaders across the country;
• Manage a rich set of relationships with supporters of the Network, Catholic and secular, including relationships with sponsoring religious orders, corporate sponsors and other educational providers;
• Engage all stakeholders in the cultivation of financial and other forms of support, from donations to corporate work-study internships to college partnership agreements, in order to sustain CRN’s unique value proposition;
• Lead execution of major public relations and marketing initiatives to broaden awareness of the Cristo Rey Network; and
• Build upon Cristo Rey Network’s strong national reputation to increase awareness with a range of supporters and stakeholders, especially among those in education reform.
Oversight and Nurturing of the Network
• Work closely with school Presidents, Boards, and their leadership teams to ensure effective implementation and accountability to the Cristo Rey Mission Effectiveness Standards by the schools;
• Carefully assess the changing economic and labor market frameworks nationwide in order to help schools develop strategies to ensure financial sustainability;
• Establish, encourage, and maintain open dialogue between the schools and the Center Office, seeking to learn from the schools as well as support them; and
• Work with the Presidents’ Council and other relevant partners, such as religious sponsors, to ensure that the Network and the schools have a high performing and collaborative relationship with one another.
Management of Center Office
• Work closely with the Board of Directors to ensure the Network achieves maximum impact in its mission to serve low -income students through an innovative educational model;
• Oversee the $3m operating budget, staffing, and day-to-day operations of the Center Office, comprising 17 employees (14 full-time and 3 part-time);
• Supervise members of the Cristo Rey Network leadership team; and
• Lead the four core strategies of the Network Center: Teaching and Learning, the Corporate Work-Study Program, New School Growth, and College Success.
First and foremost, the new CRN leader must be committed to educational reform – particularly for traditionally underserved students – and have passion for the distinct mission, values, academic standards, and Catholic identity of the Cristo Rey Network such that s/he can inspire people around the country to replicate and support this unique educational model.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have:
• Awareness of and commitment to the Catholic traditions of education, service and social justice, the credibility to lead and represent a Catholic organization with integrity, and facility for working well with diverse Catholic church leaders, lay and clerical, around the country.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders, build creative and mutually beneficial relationships within the philanthropic, corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors, and raise the national profile of the Network;
• Proven fundraising and/or revenue generating success, preferably in the non-profit sector and with national foundations in the educational sector;
• Significant visionary leadership and management experience, with demonstrated success in addressing immediate organizational needs but driving toward longer-term goals with buy-in from all stakeholders;
• The executive presence to inspire organizational and personal confidence, passion, and persistence in an ambitious, fast-paced, and results-oriented period of growth, all while maintaining a positive work environment;
• The maturity and wisdom required to optimize Board members;
• Strategic planning experience and execution capabilities;
• Strong budget management skills;
• Preferably, previous experience in the education sector and/or the sensibilities and perspective necessary to validate his/her leadership of a network of schools;
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills, including evidence of enhancing an organization’s financial strength and sustainability;
• Unquestionable integrity;
• The capacity to travel professionally approximately 40-50% of the time; and
• A Bachelor’s Degree and, preferably, a graduate degree.
A copy of the full position description may be found at http://bellwethereducation.org/president-and-ceo-cristo-rey-network-crn/
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until March 4th 2013. Applications should consist of a letter of interest and a current resume. Applications or inquiries about the position should be directed to:
Monisha Lozier, Partner
Leslie Nair, Associate Partner
Bellwether Education Partners
[email protected] (117)
Incoming search terms:
- Christo Rey Schools
- cristo rey chicago board of trustees
- cristo rey network chicago
- cristo rey network job listing president