This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PREGNANCY CARE SPECIALIST
Healthcare/Medicine, PT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Brighton, MA)
This part time position combines counseling, nursing and pastoral care. Responsibilities include answering help-line calls, supporting women in crisis pregnancies during the decision making process, throughout the pregnancy and into the parenting period, making appropriate referrals to health care and social service agencies. This schedule would include a minimum of three days per week in the Brighton office, with willingness to work Saturday (9am-2pm) as needed. Pregnancy Help is part of the Pro Life Office at the Archdiocese of Boston.
The Pro Life Office is committed to helping build a culture of life in the Archdiocese of Boston.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answer helpline calls and provide immediate information and support to callers.
• Assess client needs and assure adequate delivery of client services. Includes: Administering and reading free pregnancy tests, engage in discussion regarding alternatives to abortion in a way consistent with the teaching of the Catholic Church, provide resource information on relevant health, housing and support services, keep accurate records of client cases and ensure appropriate follow-up calls.
• Oversee childbirth and parenting education program.
• Schedule client appointments and assign appropriate counselor for follow-up.
• Maintain and update client charting system and phone log.
• Update listings in Pregnancy Help Referral Manual to provide appropriate medical, social service, housing, educational, counseling and adoption services for clients.
• Work with the Pro Life Office to oversee the distribution of layette items for clients and collaborative agencies.
• Accompany clients to ultrasound examinations at Steward Health Care.
• Communicate the vision and services of Pregnancy Help to clients, agencies and church organizations.
• Previous experience in a crisis pregnancy center or related field is essential.
• MA Nursing license (LPN/RN) or professional counseling/social work credentials is required.
• Ability to provide compassionate non-judgmental care for women in crisis pregnancies.
• Ability to interact with medical and social service agencies.
• A commitment to the Church’s teaching on abortion and contraception.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church
• Bilingual ability preferred.
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS:
Ability to use a computer keyboard for up to 8 hours/day.
Ability to sit for up to 8 hours/day.
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
The duties and requirements described above are representative of those encountered during performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to hrstaffing@rca[email protected]** (109)