POST OFFICE ASSISTANT
Other, FT Employee
Assumption College (Worcester, MA)
BASIC PURPOSE: Assists the Mailroom and Post Office Supervisor and work study students in providing efficient postal services in support of the mission of the College.
1. Sorts, distributes, meters and receives all mail and other delivery company packages, processing them in an appropriate manner.
2. Provides high level of customer service with a pleasant attitude.
3. Operates the USPS window and equipment to serve the needs of the college community.
4. Operates all mailroom equipment and computer systems.
5. Required to support other areas in Business Services as needed.
6. Delivers and gathers mail at assigned locations walking or driving along designated routes.
7. Oversees work study students.
8. Backup for daily USPS reports and cash/inventory control.
9. Serves as acting supervisor in the absence of the supervisor.
10. Performs other duties as necessary.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* High School Diploma, GED and/or Associates Degree required.
* Must have a valid Drivers license.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs frequently.
* Prior customer service experience preferred.
* Ability to work limited flexible hours, which may include occasional evenings and weekends required.
* Basic computer and mail equipment knowledge preferred.
* Flexibility and willing to learn all Business Services tasks and back up any position within the department, when necessary.
* Interacts daily with members of the College community and external mail vendors.
* Operates mailroom equipment and computer systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, lifting and bending are required of this position. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr (0)
Incoming search terms:
- assumption college directory
- assumption college mailroom
- assumption college mail room
- post office worcester ma