This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Other, FT Employee
Assumption College (Worcester, MA)
BASIC PURPOSE: Enforces the General Laws of the Commonwealth and the regulations of the College. Protects lives and safeguards the property of the College community.
1. Exercises guard and watchman functions.
2. Patrols the College’s buildings and grounds to prevent and/or discover theft, trespass, vandalism, unsafe conditions, or violation of the General Laws of the Commonwealth or the College’s rules and regulations.
3. Investigates and brings to the attention of proper authorities violations of the General Laws or College regulations.
4. Makes arrests as necessary, and performs related and follow-up tasks including processing arrested individuals, testifying in court, applying for and/or serving arrests and/or search warrants. May also serve as court liaison by filling out and signing complaints for officers in order to bring offenders to justice.
5. Responds efficiently to emergency calls such as fire and personal injury; renders assistance as needed including administering First Aid and CPR.
6. Prepares accurate and timely written reports of incidents and arrests in accordance with departmental procedures in order to provide a complete and on-going record of public safety related activity; receives written/oral requests for assistance.
7. Gives direction and general information to visitors and guests in a pleasant and helpful manner.
8. Transports College monies to cashier’s office.
9. When necessary, fires a weapon accurately in accordance with departmental procedures and the laws of the Commonwealth.
10. May engage in the use of “reasonable force” when enforcing laws within the performance of his/her duties.
11. Reports for work on time and maintains regular attendance.
12. Performs physical activities such as running, jumping, climbing walls and crawling; must be able to lift weight equivalent to that of a person.
13. Writes reports and other communication coherently and accurately.
14. Exercises restraint and good judgment under severe stress; functions competently in dangerous situations.
15. Frequently works in extreme temperatures and weather.
16. Must be available to work any of the seven days during a given week including nights, weekends, and holidays. Overtime may be required.
17. Performs related duties as assigned.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* Must pass physical and psychological examination
* High school diploma or equivalent with municipal full-time academy approved by the MA Police Certification Unit OR Associate Degree in Criminal Justice with reserved intermittent academy required. Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice preferred.
* Previous police experience preferred.
* Hold or ability to obtain Police Powers under MGL Chapter 22C, Section 63.
* Valid Firearms License required. (MA)
* Current certification in CPR and First Aid required.
* Valid operator’s license providing continuous motor vehicle operation in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
* Must maintain physical fitness requirements of the department.
* Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
* Available to work on a 24/7 basis when emergencies arise.
* Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with campus personnel, visitors and local law enforcement agencies.
* Assumption College Department of Public Safety employees are expected to adhere to the Department of Public Safety’s Principles of Honesty, Integrity, Professionalism, Sensitivity and Trust.
* Regularly qualifies with issued firearms and other defensive weapons.
* Interacts frequently with students, staff, faculty, administration and visitors to the college.
* Interacts with representatives of other law enforcement agencies and the court system.
ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEE: This position is designated as an Essential Employee. Essential Employees are those who are expected to be on duty to operate the College and provide for the safety and well-being of our students when normal operations are suspended e.g. when classes are cancelled or delayed and when non-essential employees are released from work.
Staffing of essential support services may be at reduced levels, determined by the Administrator, dependent on the needs of our students. No compensatory time, additional wages or premium wages will be paid under these circumstances since the suspended hours are scheduled hours and part of each employee’s regular duties.
* Work may be performed in an indoor or outdoor setting on even or uneven terrain
* Exposure to dissatisfied or abusive individuals including possible confrontations, fights and use of weapons.
* Work may include extended periods of sitting or standing.
* Performs physical activities such as running, jumping, climbing walls and crawling.
Assumption College, a Catholic liberal arts and professional studies college, was founded in 1904 by its sponsoring religious community, the Augustinians of the Assumption. Assumption College is part of the Colleges of Worcester Consortium and an Affirmative Action/EEOC employer encouraging candidates who would enrich the College’s diversity.
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr (258)
Incoming search terms:
- assumption college massachusetts
- assumption college news
- Assumption college police department facebook
- college for police officer