This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Clerical/Administrative, PT Employee
Daughters of St. Paul (Jamaica Plain, MA)
The primary responsibility for the Phone Receptionist for Pauline Books and Media is to promote the Gospel message by determining the caller’s needs and promptly connect them to their destination. The Phone Receptionist is to show a genuine concern and desire to serve each person who calls Pauline Books and Media.
1. Answers all telephone inquires in a professional enthusiastic manner.
2. Promptly connects the caller to department or designated person using one or more of the following methods:
a. By sending a text message to the person’s cell phone
b. By transferring the caller to the designated phone extension
c. By using the paging system
d. Takes accurate messages containing the name and phone number of the caller when unable to locate the designated person.
3. Daily reviews the phone directory provided to enable her to more efficiently direct calls.
4. Updates the “Today”, “Ongoing”, and “Guests” sections of the phone directory.
5. Review throughout the day the large listing of sisters noting any important changes that will assist in the quick connection of callers to proper destination.
6. Records prayer intentions when people call in.
7. Records Perpetual Mass Enrollments and prepares folders when people stop by to ask for them and gives the money to the community accounting office.
8. Contacts the nurse on duty any time medication is dropped off.
9. Directs all deliveries to the proper dock and notifies the department accepting the shipment.
10. Answers the door when necessary.
11. Passes on information to the sister or co-worker who is replacing her in a cordial manner.
12. Posts the extension for night transfer for that evening.
13. Performs any other task as indicated by the supervisor.
We need someone to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00am to 12:00 noon. and on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00pm to – 6:00pm. The pay is $10 an hour. (149)
Incoming search terms:
- St Paul Telephone Numbers