This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Accounting/Finance, PT Employee
Catholic Charities of Oregon (Portland, OR)
Payroll and Benefit Specialist
Part-time, Non-Exempt (30 Hours / Week)
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer, Accounting Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Processing of monthly payroll for staff of 200+ employees.
* Maintaining employee files for each person on payroll.
* Coordinating financial administration of employee benefits programs, including paid time off accrual, payroll deductions, health insurance billing and annual SAIF reporting.
* Processing monthly and quarterly state and federal tax filings, online tax payments and annual W-2 filing.
* Addresses employee and supervisor questions about payroll and benefits.
* Further assistance as necessary to Accounting Manager and Accounts Payable Specialist.
* Other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
* Associate degree preferred, with 5 or more years of experience in payroll, including garnishments, State and Federal quarterly reports and monthly tax filings.
* Computer proficiency: Windows and Microsoft Office (experience with MAS 90/SAGE 100 and Excel strongly preferred). Ten key by touch.
* High degree of accuracy, attention to details and ability to meet strict timelines.
* Good judgment and discretion in handling confidential records.
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Ability to learn quickly, work independently and take initiative.
* Ability to work as a team player.
Note: This position will be part-time with a varied schedule.
Payroll duties are concentrated in the first and last weeks of the month.
Position includes full benefits: free parking, health, dental, life and disability insurance. Generous paid time off program and great work environment. (167)