This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PASTORAL MINISTRY MANAGER
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
LYNN CATHOLIC COLLABORATIVE OF ST MARY AND SACRED HEART (Lynn, MA)
THE LYNN COLLABORATIVE of ST. MARY’S and SACRED HEART
POSITION TITLE: PASTORAL MINISTRY MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PASTOR
JOB PURPOSE: The Pastoral Ministry Manager is a professionally qualified team member, serving in a key management position, reporting directly to the pastor. He or she assists the pastor in the daily operation of the parishes of the collaborative by coordinating, in accordance with canon law and archdiocesan policies and guidelines, those doing pastoral ministry in the collaborative (except the priests), both paid staff and volunteers. The Pastoral Ministry Manager is first and foremost a person of faith committed to Jesus Christ and His Church. He or she values responsible management of resources, and helps the Church fulfill its mission and purpose.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise all those doing pastoral ministry in the collaborative, with the exception of the priests. This includes both paid staff and volunteers. This could include: Director/Coordinator of Religious Education, Director/Coordinator of Faith Formation, Director/Coordinator of Music, and others as appropriate.
• Serve as the Director of Religious Education for the Collaborative.
• Serve as the first point of contact for resolution of issues related to collaborative ministries
• Oversight and responsibility for the efficiency and effectiveness of all pastoral ministries of the collaborative
• Establish, facilitate, and coordinate traditional management activities for those engaged in pastoral ministry – examples include: staffing, performance management, learning & development, staff morale & retention, coaching & corrective action
• Maintain a strong personal witness supported by a vibrant individual and communal prayer life, participate regularly in the sacraments, and attend an annual spiritual retreat.
• Maintain contact with relevant Archdiocese of Boston offices, gain familiarity with relevant Archdiocesan policies and guidelines, and attend relevant Archdiocesan meetings.
• Play a crucial role in recruiting paid staff members and volunteers doing pastoral ministry in the collaborative.
• Ensure that all paid staff and volunteers are aware of and in compliance with the Archdiocesan Policy for protecting God’s Children.
• Foster and support the spiritual development of the paid staff and volunteers.
• Support a culture of that encourages vocations.
• Assume responsibility for specific administrative duties (including effective written and oral communication and marketing, responsible budgeting, and evaluation of programs).
• In addition to the primary purpose for this position – the coordination of pastoral ministers and ministries – as time allows, the Pastoral Ministry Manager will carry out other ministerial tasks as directed by the Pastor.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. A strong preference
will be given to those with degrees in theology, religious education, or a related
• A minimum 3 years in related parish or pastoral ministry is strongly preferred.
• 3 to 5+ years experience supervising or managing others
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective
• Solidly competent with MS Office
• Strong service orientation
• Love of the Catholic faith and a desire to contribute to the mission of the
• Commitment to personal spiritual growth and being mentored.
• Needs to be highly organized, able to multi-task, and remain flexible in order to
adjust to varying demands, personalities, and workload.
• Must be willing to work most Sundays and some evenings.
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS:
• Ability to use a computer keyboard for up to 8 hours/day.
• Ability to sit for up to 8 hours/day.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
The duties and requirements described above are representative of those encountered during performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (113)
Incoming search terms:
- sacred heart church lynn mass