This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PASTORAL ASST FOR YOUNG ADULTS AND EVANGELIZATION
Religious Education, FT Employee
Holy Family Catholic Church (Kirkland, WA)
Holy Family of Kirkland is a parish located 12 miles east of Seattle in beautiful western Washington. Currently, Holy Family is seeking a Pastoral Assistant who will serve our parish as the Young Adult and The New Evangelization Minister.
Ideally, the successful candidate will begin work no later than July 1, 2014. Minimum requirements for this position include a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and experience with young adults in parish life and ministry. This is a full-time position with salary and benefits. Closing date for application is April 25, 2014.
Purpose of this Ministry
The Pastoral Assistant for Young Adults and New Evangelization assists our parish in providing comprehensive ministry to our young adults and helping to implement the overall mission of the parish evangelization initiatives. This individual serves as a spiritual leader to young adults and empowers them to become engaged in the parish community. By calling upon and channeling the gifts and talents of parishioners, the Young Adult and Evangelization minister fosters deeper relationships with Jesus Christ and lifelong commitments to the Church.
Reports to: Pastor
Collaborates with: Pastoral Youth Ministers, Pastoral Councils, parish staff members, volunteers and the parish communities.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Maintain responsibility for the development and implementation of programs to engage and teach young adults. Act as advocate and link for young adults to the pastoral team, parish and community.
2. Balance the eight components of young adult ministry: advocacy, catechesis, community and social life, evangelization, justice/service, leadership development, pastoral care, prayer and worship.
3. Establish the New Evangelization position and initiatives for formation of disciples within the parish and expanding the parish community through coordination with the Pastor and various parish commissions.
4. Publicize young adult and evangelization ministry initiatives through various media forms, particularly those media forms that reach the greatest number of young adults, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and similar social and multi-media forms.
5. Responsible for the recruitment, training, formation and supervision of volunteer leaders for their specific ministries and provides encouragement, support and continual discernment in their ministry. Facilitiates the personal faith growth of the volunteers that enhances them as a small Christian community.
1. Manifest a deep faith in Jesus Christ that is exemplified in the practice of the Roman Catholic faith, and moral character adhering to the values of the Gospel.
2. Openness and availability to work evenings and weekends, as well as some major feasts of the Church, such as Triduum.
3. Bachelor’s Degree in theology or other related field.
4. Ongoing personal and professional development is required and is competency based.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Intuitively incorporates sound Roman Catholic principles when teaching and interacting with parishioners.
2. Proven abilities in pastoral leadership, demonstrated through the ability to teach the faith; call people to prayer, effectively lead meetings; establish and align goals, and engage others in the enactment of a vision; identify talents and delegate.
3. Strong organizational skills, including event planning and time management.
4. Respects personal boundaries and maintains confidentiality.
5. Embraces technology and social media as tools for ministry. Is proficient with Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Excel and Access). (255)
Incoming search terms:
- Holy Family Church Frances WA
- roman catholic evangelization