This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Pastoral Ministry, FT Contract
ST Leonards Faith Community (Dayton, OH)
Pastoral Administrator Position Description
The Community’s website can be accessed at http://stleonardfaithcommunity.org/ Our History is available at the website’s “Information” tab. Please send your resume to: [email protected]
Mission Statement: “St. Leonard Faith Community is a freely formed Catholic community sharing in the Franciscan heritage. We are committed to creating, through active worship and the offering of our individual and collective gifts, a spiritual environment which opens us to the life-giving presence of the Holy Spirit.
Through a variety of ministries, we reach out to respond to the needs of others with love.
The Saint Leonard Faith Community (SLFC) is a two hundred-household association of the faithful approved by the Archbishop of Cincinnati. It meets on the grounds of the Saint Leonard Senior Living Community in Centerville, Ohio. An ordained priest serves as part time chaplain/moderator at Sunday Mass and other special events.
St. Leonard’s Faith Community seeks a trained pastoral administrator to serve the needs of the community by enabling faith life for its members through liturgy, pastoral care, administration, and coordination of ministries. Working in unison with the Moderator/Chaplain and a Community-elected Council, the pastoral administrator provides a liaison between the faith community and the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
With an active Council and empowered ministries in place, a pastoral administrator will be called upon to coordinate the work of these ministries and to work closely with the Council to advance the mission and vision of the St. Leonard Faith Community. To this end, accessibility and “people skills” are especially critical. The pastoral administrator will be expected to meet with ministry groups on a regular basis, and to encourage ministry participation from members of the community.
I Major responsibilities and activities include (but are not limited to) the following areas
• coordinating liturgical functions, working closely with Prayer and Worship ministry;
• occasionally presiding at a Liturgy of the Word or a Communion Service;
• obtaining sacramental ministers when the Moderator/Chaplain is not present;
• assuring appropriate training of lay men and women for various liturgical ministries and other liturgical needs of the community;
• overseeing sacramental preparation and RCIA through appropriate ministries;
• assisting with planning of funeral liturgies.
Pastoral Care: (performed in coordination with other SLFC members)
• identifying and assessing spiritual and educational needs of community members and coordinating responses to these needs;
• encouraging, challenging, educating and training community volunteers and ministry committee members;
• empowering community members to address justice concerns in local and global communities;
• visiting sick and homebound members of the community when needed;
• facilitating adult faith formation and growth.
• responsible for the day-to-day operation of the SLFC;
• coordinates with Moderator/Chaplain, Council and Ministry Heads;
• actively supports the SLFC strategic plan with staff members and the community at large;
• directs professional staff
• uses assets/opportunities provided by the Archdiocese and others for faith development and community growth;
• prepares annual budget for review and approval by Finance Committee and Council;
• monitors annual budget (income and expenses), in collaboration with Finance Committee. Keeps community and Council informed of fiscal status;
• prepares annual reports as requested by the Archdiocese;
• represents faith community to local community and in working with ecumenical and diocesan groups
II. Position requirements
Skills, knowledge, and abilities:
• background and knowledge in liturgy, administration, religious education, and theology;
• ability to network with the religious leadership of the local area;
• strong management skills; including delegation and follow-through for tasks and responsibilities; demonstrated leadership and team player skills;
• strong organizational skills including record keeping, goal setting, scheduling, etc.;
• strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to work effectively with a variety of people;
• competent with modern electronic media and software (including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail);
• proficient in using social media in growing our community;
• serve as a change agent; desire to extend beyond what we have done in the past;
• proficient in presiding, leading prayer, and public speaking;
• compassionate spirit;
• knowledgeable of recent theological and religious developments;
• sensitivity to multi-cultural and multi-generational factors;
Education, training, experience:
• proficiency in ecclesiology, Christology, sacramental and liturgical Theology;
scripture, ethics and morality; pastoral counseling/pastoral care;
• supervisory experience in ministry;
• commitment to ongoing adult formation and education to assure effective pastoral ministry.
• Position requires some irregular hours and after-hours availability. (101)
Incoming search terms:
- dayton ohio catholic counselor
- st leonards church in centerville ohio
- st leonards faith community