This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PASTORAL ASSOCIATE FOR PARISH LIFE
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
St. Mary’s Church (Canton, NY)
The Pastoral Associate shall be a Catholic possessing an active faith who is able to translate this faith into action for others by promoting Gospel values and growth in holiness. The Pastoral Associate shall be committed to serve the people of St. Mary’s Parish and its extensive territory under the direction of the Pastor and in a collaborative relationship with the Deacon, the Business Manager, other Parish Staff members and the Pastoral Council. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Works collaboratively with the pastor and other staff members by meeting with them on a regular basis and assisting in making decisions and assessing needs.
- Serves as the staff liaison person to committees and groups concerned with several facets of parish life. This includes the development of the leadership of committees pertaining to: worship, spirituality, hospitality, youth ministry, etc. Attends meetings of these committees on a regular basis.
-Coordinates the maintenance and update of Parish Census & Sacramental Records
Pastoral and Spiritual Presence
- Attends weekend liturgies in the parish on a regular basis.
- Responsible for Liturgical Ministry schedule and the recruitment of new ministers for these roles
- Visits the sick and elderly in their homes and coordinates communion to them.
- Visits nursing homes and senior housing on a regular basis and leads Communion services as needed.
- Is the parish contact with Hospice patients.
- Serves as a liaison with families at the time of death and assists with planning of funeral liturgies and coordination of parish response
Adult Education and Faith Formation
- Collaborates with the Director of Religious Education and Principal in implementing and promoting Family Catechesis for ALL SACRAMENTS
- Serves as the Director of Adult Faith Formation in developing, implementing, and promoting Scripture
Study, faith sharing, and spiritual programs within the parishes.
- Attends Faith Formation meetings on a regular basis.
- Coordinates the parish Christian Initiation process for adults and for youth. This includes recruitment of catechists, development of calendar, and attendance at diocesan celebrations (such as, Rite of Election, Chrism Mass, celebration for neophytes, etc.)
- Directs parish preparatory program for infant baptism. Includes formation of a team to assist with the program.
Other duties as may be assigned by the Pastor in consultation with the Pastoral Associate.
1. Roman Catholic in good standing in the Church;
2. Self-starter who is willing to work in a parish whose territory includes other communities and with a pastoral staff committed to its on-going development as a faith community;
3. Previous experience in pastoral work and faith development;
4. A degree in theology, religious studies or related area is preferred;
5. A competency with computer skills and;
6. A valid driver’s license
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, and three (3) references to Rev. Douglas J. Lucia -St. Mary’s Church, 68 Court Street, Canton, NY by March 31, 2014. (124)
Incoming search terms:
- can a pastoral associate be divorced and work in a parish?
- Pastoral associate for Parish life
- st mary canton ny