This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PASTORAL ASSISTANT FOR ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
The Proto-Cathedral of St. James the Greater (Vancouver, WA)
Pastoral Assistant for Administration and Finance
for the Proto-Cathedral of St. James the Greater
The vision of the pastor for this position is to carry out the call to the new evangelization by means of growing the parish. As well, this Pastoral Assistant will be responsible for changing the culture of the parish to one that embodies Stewardship (Time, Talent, and Treasure) as a way of life. The PAAF will have an active and primary role in building current and new parish programs. As an active parishioner who participates in weekday, Sunday and special liturgies, as well as parish events, this person will be a visible representative who interacts and encourages parishioners to carry out the pastor’s vision for the parish. This Pastoral Assistant will oversee the parish needs which do not fall under a particular parish department while executing what needs to be done to ensure that there are no voids within the departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Parish Financial Resources
- Reviews and approves financial transactions (accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking and payroll) and assures that each is properly recorded;
- Oversees the compilation and tabulations of deposits for the Proto-Cathedral;
- Assures preparation and administration of capital and operating budgets for the Proto-Cathedral;
- Assures accurate and confidential record keeping;
- Manages the financial resources systems of the Proto-Cathedral;
- Assures management of parish financial documents;
- Monitors tax exempt status;
- Acts as lead on parish capital campaigns, ensuring that all aspects of the campaign are attended to and monitored;
- Coordinates and promotes parish online giving efforts;
- Provides a financial annual report for those parishoners who give the gift of treasure;
- Maintains the Ledger on Parish Data System (Logos);
- Manages Mother Joseph Catholic Cemetery’s finances and works closely with the Cemetery Sexton for any cemetery sales or purchases;
- Works with parish social groups to manage their finances;
- Maintains the sales records for the cemetery and all land-use permits and insurance.
• Parish Administrative and Stewardship Functions
- In conjunction with the Pastor, works to embrace “stewardship as a way of life” and that this is communicated to the parish;
- Liaisons with the diocese;
- Serves as staff resource person for various consultative groups including Pastoral Council, Finance Council, Maintenance and Building Committee, and will be responsible for creating the new Stewardship Commission;
- Monitors and assures that the Catholic school subsidy parents fulfill their Stewardship pledges of Time, Talent and Treasure.
• Parish Human Resources
- Assists the Pastor in recruiting, hiring and terminating employees;
- Reviews staffing needs and makes appropriate recommendations;
- Prepares and processes payroll for the Proto-Cathedral;
- Coordinates with the Pastor in preparing the annual staff performance evaluations;
- Is a primary resource in personnel matters, e.g. benefits administration, contract negotiations, wage and salary administration, etc.;
- Administrates Archdiocesan and parish policies and procedures;
- Maintains the Safe Environment database for employees and volunteers, and serves as Safe Environment Coordinator for the parish, ensuring proper confidentiality.
• Parish Physical Resources
- Directs construction and maintenance functions for the Proto-Cathedral;
- Directs management of all Proto-Cathedral facilities and grounds;
- Oversees purchasing of supplies and materials;
- Assures compliance with safety, security and environmental regulations and practices;
- Assesses spending practices and devises new ways to improve effeciency and cost-reducing plans;
- Negotiates and reviews all maintenance agreements, contracts and bids; monitors same to assure compliance with specifications;
- Oversees all parish technical resources including the computer network hardware and software and broadcast email;
- Oversees all the details of the parish website which do not fall under other staff member’s responsibilities.
- Ensures all items and pages on the website are up-to-date and accurate;
- Is confident in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher);
- Is responsible for preparing and publishing the weekly bulletin and posting it to the website.
• Performs other duties related to the position description, as assigned by the Pastor.
• This role reports to the Pastor.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• $35,000-$40,000 and a $10,000 benefits package;
• Paid vacation days (begin at 10 and add 1 per year of employment) and sick days (12);
• 13 paid holidays and Christmas vacation (from Dec 24-Jan 1). (113)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic pastoral assistant for administration
- St James proto Cathedral vancouver wa
- st james proto catherdal new priest
- st joseph catholic school vancouver wa