This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PARISH TELECOM–IT SERVICES CONSULTANT
Technology, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
SUMMARY: The Parish Telecom / Information Technology (IT) Services Consultant is responsible for leading, supporting and coordinating telecommunications, network and IT improvement projects within parishes and collaborative environment. The goal of these projects is to improve services by providing cost effective and standard solutions to support the management and pastoral needs of the parish.
The responsibility of these projects includes the evaluation and assessment of needs, identification and evaluation of solutions, prioritization of projects, interaction with vendors and assistance to parish business managers and pastors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Consult and support with parish leadership (pastor and business manager) to assess the immediate and long-term telecommunication, network and information technology needs of the parish.
• Identify and evaluate appropriate and cost effective telecommunications and information technology solutions.
• Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with telecommunication and information technology vendors who provide solutions and support to the parish environment.
• Plan, lead and monitor progress of implementation projects. Ensure that appropriate communication and status reporting is provided to parish and archdiocese leadership.
• Develop and track project priorities and new project request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
• Develop policies and procedures that outline effective solutions and address the various parish and collaborative arrangement.
• Assess need for reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
• Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
• Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
• Train, coach and mentor parish administrative staff. This includes problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
• Manage relationship with external vendors to schedule maintenance and repair work (phones, cabling, hardware and software support.)
• Establish work procedures, workflow, and maintain and update checklists of tasks to be performed daily, weekly and monthly.
• Attend appropriate meetings, which would include creating agendas, taking meeting minutes, electronically entering agenda and meeting minutes, and distributing them to the necessary people.
• This position will require travel to parishes and other sites throughout the Archdiocese of Boston.
• Bachelors Degree and 5 years of IT and / or telecommunications project management experienced preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in working with Small / Medium Business (SMB) telecommunications solutions. This includes the design, implementation and maintenance of solutions.
• Experience interacting with vendors including the ability to review and assess the technical quality of vendor proposed solutions as well as the cost effectiveness.
• Solid relationship management and strong customer service orientation.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with keen attention to detail.
• Excellent administrative, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to assume and maintain full control of projects, to include daily prioritization of all tasks and the ability execute them in a high-pressure environment.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
• Strong leadership and technical skills are required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh desktop and laptop computing environments.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, web and other office environment technologies.
• Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] (205)
Incoming search terms:
- arch dioshse of boston