This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PARISH SOCIAL JUSTICE MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Social Work, FT Employee
Ss Peter and Paul Church (Hoboken, NJ)
Ss Peter and Paul Church
Parish Social Justice Ministry Coordinator
- Full Time Position
With more than 900 registered individuals and families, Ss Peter and Paul is an energetic and thriving parish rich in history and tradition; a parish that has provided for the spiritual, social, and educational needs of countless people for 125 years. Originally organized to serve the many German immigrants living in Hudson County, today the parish ministers not only to those who have been raised in Hoboken, but to the many young adults and families who work in the New York metropolitan area who now call Hoboken their home.
The Parish Social Justice Ministry Coordinator is a new, full time position on the parish team created to develop new leadership in advancing the area of social justice. Responding to the teachings of the Gospel and the challenges of Pope Francis, the successful candidate will coordinate all parish efforts in reminding us that being Christian is about something other than just proclaiming the truth of our dogmatic and moral beliefs.
The Coordinator will use all means possible to remind those of the parish and beyond that we are called to live our lives as followers, not simply admirers of Christ and we will be judged on the way we treat each other, especially the most vulnerable in our midst.
The Coordinator will develop, plan, execute, and follow up with programs and initiatives that will not only facilitate parishioners feeding the hungry, giving drink to the thirsty, visiting the sick and imprisoned, etc, but will also work with this particular congregation to challenge and change “systems” in order to give a stronger voice to the voiceless. S/he will be empowered to develop an “institute” for parishes that will serve as a model of best practices serving as a resource for today’s parish.
This newly created position will provide a unique opportunity for a qualified, creative and credentialed minister to build a parish social justice ministry like no other. Being supervised and mentored by the Pastor, the Coordinator will be a member of the pastoral team, working collaboratively to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to life. This is a full time ministry.
• Develop, plan, execute, and follow up the work of the parish social justice;
• Develop an “institute” for social justice, a model and resource for parishes;
• Program, in coordination with the parish vision and mission, opportunities for social justice;
• Plan, write, edit, and proofread materials including web content and other documents to educate and promote the work of social justice;
• Initiate planned events to identify, recruit, and train volunteers to advance the work of social justice;
• Support the parish strategic plan and work collaboratively with the parish staff and existing ministries;
• Coordinate social justice ministry efforts with other parishes ecumenical groups and the broader community;
• Conduct research projects, and handle routine writing and administrative tasks; and
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate possesses at least a Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field, is an exceptional leader and good communicator who is creative, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, flexible, able to juggle multiple tasks, and thrives in a fast-paced and progressive parish setting. The candidate should be excited about working in a city parish filled with young families and young professionals and willing to take on new responsibilities as they arise. Specific qualifications include:
• Excellent oral and written communication, research and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated knowledge/experience/interest working with Catholic social justice issues;
• Familiarity, comfort and embraces Catholic teachings;
• Background in theology, religious studies, ethics and/or Catholic social teaching is a strong plus;
• Eye for opportunities to serve and address community needs.
The Parish Social Justice Ministry Coordinator is a full-time, 12-month position. Salary is commensurate with demonstrated experience. The benefits associated are those offered to the employees of the Archdiocese of Newark. (143)
Incoming search terms:
- Social Justice and Decent Life for All!
- catholic church hoboken nj
- st peter and paul church hoboken
- who are peter and paul?