This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PARISH SERVICES COORDINATOR
Other, FT Employee
Good Shepherd Catholic Community (Colleyville, TX)
GOOD SHEPHERD CATHOLIC COMMUNITY
Position: Parish Services Coordinator
Supervisor: Sarah Luter
Job Description: The Parish Services Coordinator will provide support and continuity to existing programs and facilitate the growth of future church programs by working with the leaders of parish ministries and connecting parishioners with groups and programs of interest to them.
1. The Parish Services Coordinator facilitates annual parish events including, but not limited to: Oktoberfest, Eggstravaganza, Santa’s Breakfast, Parish Picnic, Parish Service Day and will identify a team of volunteers (incorporating various ministries) to serve on the event committees.
2. The Parish Services Coordinator sets a budget for each event and goals for fundraising to support the event’s financial needs and will network with local community businesses to offer support of parish events.
3. The Parish Services Coordinator will establish event planning checklists and procedures for parish events and maintain a volunteer database of all past activities.
4. The Parish Services Coordinator will cultivate, support and motivate parishioners, identifying individual gifts in each person, to serve as volunteers, establish a volunteer database and assist Connect Group leaders with the orientation and training of volunteers for various programs.
5. The Parish Services Coordinator will oversee the Safe Environment Training process from start to finish.
6. The Parish Services Coordinator will meet as needed with ministry leaders to solicit program suggestions, establish goals/objectives and present reports and updates on ministry programs.
7. The Parish Services Coordinator will be the facilitator of the 5 Pathways for an Evangelizing Parish which include but are not limited to: New Member Orientation, volunteer leadership development, and incorporation of faith, fellowship and service into all Connect Groups.
8. The Parish Services Coordinator provides volunteers for all parish events and is responsible for providing support for set up and tear down of facilities for all events.
9. The Parish Services Coordinator will provide leadership and spiritual development opportunities for staff members and will facilitate all staff meetings.
10. The Parish Services Coordinator will assist in any other duties as needed
Advocate of the parish mission and the pastor’s vision
A degree in event management, public relations or equivalent
Strong attention to detail
Experience with management of a large group of volunteers and events
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability in word processing and computer literacy including Excel and Publisher
Ability to work well independently and with a team
Catholic person, hospitable and welcoming (125)
Incoming search terms:
- Good Shepherd Employee Site
- parish coordinator job desciption
- parish coordinator job qualifications