This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PARISH DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Fundraising, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
Under the direction of the Vice President of Development, the Parish Development Associate will support Boston Catholic Development Services (BCDS) in building stable annual, capital, and endowment programs in the parishes of the Archdiocese of Boston and strengthen the Catholic Appeal, focusing on collaborative parishes in the early stages of Disciples In Mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working with pastors, parish staff, and volunteers, create parish development plans and provide guidance in their implementation
• Respond to parish inquiries about fundraising programs. Meet with pastors, parish councils, finance councils as needed to assist them in determining their needs and the most effective ways to meet them.
• Help parishes follow Archdiocesan procedures for offertory programs, capital campaigns, and other initiatives.
• Refer parishes to approved fundraising consulting firms as needed.
• Refer parishes to Archdiocesan staff and resources that are available to assist them in carrying out their programs (such as the Catholic Appeal, the Catholic Community Fund, etc.)
• BS/BA or equivalent education and experience. CFRE preferred.
• Five years of development experience, preferably in a parish, Catholic school, or diocese.
• Experience in creating and implementing development programs and measuring their success.
• Familiarity with all aspects of development, including annual, capital, and planned giving as well as development communications and donor stewardship.
• Familiarity with prospect research and development databases is desirable.
• Must be detail oriented and willing to travel to parishes throughout eastern Massachusetts.
• Must be committed to the mission of the Catholic Church.
Please submit cover letter & resume to [email protected] (81)
Incoming search terms:
- Boston catholic Diocese Collaborative