This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PARISH BUSINESS MANAGER
Accounting/Finance, PT Employee
Immaculate Conception Parish (Revere, MA)
SUMMARY: The Parish Business Manager will assist the Pastor in fulfilling his responsibility for the administration of the parish and the school. Areas in which the Parish Business Manager will assist the Pastor in parish administration and management include: financial, human resources, and other duties as requested and assigned by the Pastor.
• In consultation with the Pastor and Finance Council, develop, implement and administer local financial policies and procedures in accordance with the Parish Administration Manual and statutes of the Archdiocese. These policies would include rotation of collection and accounting personnel, bill paying schedules, payroll, and banking schedules.
• Consistent with Parish Reporting requirements, prepare budget, annual report, interim reports, general ledgers and other monthly reports for the Pastor and Finance Council.
• Monitor the operating budget of the Parish and School, and report regularly to the Pastor and the Finance Council as to potential problem areas.
• Handle bank relations to include management of accounts and problem solving.
• Prepare checks for the Pastor’s signature, attaching appropriate documentation.
• Manage bookkeeping functions, including, but not limited to payables and receivables and all other parish-related and school revenues and expenses.
• Oversee the management of parish operational and financial records.
• Ensure that all federal, state and local taxes are paid in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Administer payment of salaries and benefits.
• Prepare and file required federal and state employee tax forms.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• Implement Archdiocesan human resource policies, including benefits, for all staff, including volunteers. Coordinate implementation of required training programs.
• Assist in the management of the parish office, as appropriate. Any specific human resource supervisory responsibilities should be clearly defined between the Pastor and the Parish Business Manager. Recommendations for items such as salary and benefits should be developed for approval by the Pastor after appropriate consultation with Archdiocesan guidelines and the Parish Finance Council. Disciplinary actions and/or terminations should not be taken without the Pastor’s approval, and in consultation with the Archdiocesan Human Resources Office.
• Ensure that annual performance reviews of all staff are performed.
• May be called to assist in the preparation of Sunday bulletin and other print media.
• May be called to assist in the maintenance of the parish census.
• Attend meetings relative to the role, as necessary.
• Direct purchasing procedures within the dollar limits set by the Pastor.
• Bachelors’ degree in business/accounting with at least 5 years demonstrated related experience preferred.
• Understanding and support of the mission of the Church.
• Demonstrated experience in accounting, preparation of financial reports, and payroll.
• Knowledgeable about safety and security issues.
• Knowledge of human resource issues including policies, procedures, benefits, federal and state laws.
• Knowledge of parish policies and guidelines in relationship to Archdiocesan policies and guidelines preferred, or a willingness to learn them.
• Ability to handle confidential, sensitive, timely, and critical matters using good judgment, tact, respect, and discretion required.
• Demonstrated experience in appropriate computer technology and skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft office suite software.
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] (117)
Incoming search terms:
- immaculate conception church marlboro ma
- parish business manager catholic
- catholic church revere ma
- immaculate conception church liberty tx