This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PARISH BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR
Executive, FT Employee
Saint Ignatius Martyr Church (Austin, TX)
St. Ignatius Martyr Catholic Church – Austin, TX
Parish Business Administrator
St. Ignatius Martyr Catholic Church and School is a vibrant, diverse, and growing community of Faith, located in the heart of Austin. With over 3,200 families registered, more than 70 ministries, liturgies celebrated in English, Spanish and American Sign Language, as well as a parish staff of 20 full-time and part-time employees and a budget of $1.5 million (parish alone), St. Ignatius Martyr is in need of a Parish Business Administrator (PBA) who will assist with the stewardship of the goods of the parish. The PBA will work with the staff and parish in our efforts to live and promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ daily.
Accountability: Reports to the Pastor
Supervisory Duties: Supervise the parish office staff, bookkeeper, and the maintenance and janitorial staff.
General Summary: Responsible for the administrative and financial operations of the parish and school, budget preparation, overseeing the general office activities and overall maintenance and capital expenditures of the parish and school. The PBA directs these efforts with technical expertise within a framework of shared ministry and Catholic values.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare a yearly budget in consultation with the pastor and parish finance and pastoral councils.
2. Manage all banking activities including the accounting and banking of all offering collections, payables and receivables. Ensure timely bank deposits and payment of invoices and reimbursements.
3. Manage and prepare all accounting, budgetary, fiscal, and statistical records including monthly reports to parish staff and parish finance council, annual reports to the Diocese of Austin and the parish, as well as annual reporting of donations to each parishioner.
4. Administer or oversee all payroll functions.
5. Serve with the pastor as the staff liaison to the parish finance council on all matters including budget, the overall parish financial condition, and the condition of the parish’s physical assets.
6. Insure the filing of all required federal, state and diocesan reports.
7. Monitor and oversee budgetary compliance for all departments and ministries.
8. Research and monitor service contracts, suppliers and vendors for fair pricing and competitive bidding.
1. Oversee the management of parish facilities (scheduling, collecting rentals, maintaining insurance coverage, etc.).
2. Oversee all aspects in the care, maintenance, and replacement of all parish buildings and equipment, including the securing of bids, the negotiating of contracts, and the purchasing of supplies and equipment.
3. Make assessments as to needed capital repairs, to place them in their relative priorities for accomplishments, and to make pertinent recommendations to the pastor, the parish pastoral council, and the parish finance council.
4. Supervise all arrangements and contracts with outside contractors.
1. Coordinate all administrative and business activities of the parish, school, religious education, youth ministry, and other parish entities with regard to human resources, e.g. salaries, personnel policies, etc.
2. Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate all parish office staff, bookkeeper, and maintenance and janitorial staff. Administer all parish personnel and diocesan policies.
3. Develop and recommend to the pastor and other appropriate parish staff persons the necessary policies, methods, and procedures needed for carrying out financial, accounting, and other administrative services.
D. Other Responsibilities
1. Serve as Ethics & Integrity in Ministry (EIM) Coordinator (i.e., “Safe Environment”). Maintain EIM records for all employees and parish/school lay ministers.
2. Meet with the pastor on a regular basis.
3. Prepare correspondence for donations and memorial gifts.
4. Oversee major parish fundraisers.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business.
Experience: Minimum of four years experience as an administrator or manager of an office required. Supervisory experience required. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Must have experience with accounting software. Must have an understanding of Catholic parish organization and values, and be a practicing Catholic. Construction management experience preferred.
Skills: Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times. Skills in planning, organizing, and following through on multiple tasks and changing deadlines. Bilingual (Spanish and English) strongly preferred. Knowledge of and ability to use accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
Physical Demands: While performing duties, employee will sit for long periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion and tasks, and answer telephone calls. The position also requires standing, stooping, walking, and bending while filing, and carrying 20 pounds. Employee is expected to work onsite, Monday through Friday, with minimal travel. Will require occasional weekend and evening work.
Must be certified in the Diocese of Austin Safe Environment Program (EIM) within 60 days of employment, and maintain certification throughout the employment period.
To apply: To apply for this position, please submit a letter of application, resume, and reference list (include name, relationship, email address and telephone number). Submit the entire application package to [email protected] No phone calls please. (460)
Incoming search terms:
- st ignatius martyr austin texas
- Catholic Church business administrator
- martyr church phone number
- ST IGNAUCIOUS CATHOLIC CHURCH