This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
PARISH ADMINISTRATOR – DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION
Management, FT Employee
St. Dominic Catholic Church (Panama City, FL)
Parish Administrator / Director of Administration
Reports directly to the Pastor of Saint Dominic Catholic Church
Summary of Position
The Director is a professional administrator in support of the Pastor. The Director is a person of faith – committed to living the Gospel and helping the parish fulfill its mission and purpose. He/she is a steward of the personnel, physical and financial resources of parish entities and enables the staff to function effectively. He/she is responsible for day-to-day accounting and management of parish functions (personnel, facilities and information systems).
1. Collaborates with the Pastor and, under his supervision, with other members of the parish staff. This requires participation with the Finance Council and Parish Planning Group (PPG).
2. Responsible for oversight of accounting, financial planning and management of the parish budget; directs purchasing procedures and performs analysis to identify areas of growth, trends, inconsistencies, etc. Analyze revenue and expenditures to ensure budget is “on target”; oversees stewardship and fund-raising plans.
3. Prioritizes and oversees plant maintenance; collaborates with the pastor and PPG on major construction projects and contract management; leads parish site planning and development working group.
4. Responsible for communication and information systems; oversees IT functions in parish and coordinates service and system updates with outside vendors.
5. Collaborates with the Pastor in personnel management, including the development and implementation of personnel policies; develops hiring and termination procedures, job descriptions, regular employee evaluations, etc. in accordance with diocesan guidelines.
6. Responsible for Human Resource matters; coordinate with the employees and diocese regarding insurance and other benefits; ensure compliance with Safe Environment mandates; direct the day to day management of the parish and the office staff operations and personnel; maintain personnel files and ensure employees are briefed on Church policies and procedures to include health plan, vacation/sick time and payroll procedures, etc.
1. Bachelor’s degree and ten years of progressively responsible personnel and operations management experience; track record of proven leadership, direction and management oversight of administrative and support staff functions.
2. Accounting and Finance experience; proven expertise developing and managing budgets.
Additional Education and Experience Preferred
1. MBA, MPA or equivalent executive experience.
2. Track record of performance in a similar position of responsibility in a multi-tiered organization such as military, corporate, or non-profit organization, church, or educational environment.
3. Experience working directly with or supervising maintenance and operations staff.
4. Experience working with multimedia including television production and sales, website design, and social networking.
Required Core Competencies
1. Ability to motivate and lead employees and volunteer staff in a collaborative, but sometimes stressful environment.
2. Ability to develop a close working relationship with pastor, parish clergy and staff to understand and assist in the implementation of the Saint Dominic Parish mission statement, goals and objectives.
3. Emotional Intelligence; ability to effectively engage with all levels of the church and diocese personnel including clergy, lay leadership, parents, volunteers, and maintenance and operations staff; possess the appropriate temperament for working in a faith-based organization.
4. Ability to see the bigger picture and aid the church in achieving its mission.
Contact: Mr. Bob Oldham, (850) 785-4574 or e-mail resume and cover letter to [email protected] for more information (133)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic parish administrator job illinois
- dominic catholic church (panama city fl) parish administrator
- florida parish administrator jobs
- st dominic church panama city fl director of operations
- St Dominics Catholic Church Benicia