This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE SOUTHEAST
Sales, FT Employee
Our Sunday Visitor (Huntington, IN)
This position will be located in Atlanta, GA.
This position is responsible for calling on schools and parishes and following through to close sales and meeting sales goals defined by Sales Manager, maintaining relationships with diocesan officials, maintaining and updating current database, keeping product update, managing and utilizing consultants effectively. This position is responsible for the Southeast territory consisting of schools and parishes located in: Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
Essential Job Functions (*=Non-essential tasks):
• Incumbent must be able to close sales and meet defined sales goals within a given
• Incumbent will be working with customer service, marketing, sales departments
along with other members of the management team on available products, prices
and related materials or services.
• Incumbent will engage in sales activities on a daily basis with Catholic parishes
and schools, both in person and remotely.
• Incumbent is expected to vary use of computer and telephone calls with face-to-face
visits to potential customers, with a strong emphasis on in-person visits.
• Incumbent is expected to use the tools provided by the company for the fulfillment
of job expectations.
• Must prepare and submit a weekly report on sales activities.
• Orders must be thoroughly prepared and submitted according to established procedures
for order entry.
• Travel is required to schools, parishes, sales show, etc. as needed and approved
• A working knowledge of the Catholic curriculum market is not required, but strongly preferred.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of two years successful sales experience in an educational
publishing environment and/or teaching experience is preferred or a minimum of
five years of successful outside sales experience is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is necessary; knowledge of
ACT is helpful, but not required.
• Proficiency with office equipment such as printers, fax machines, monitors, internet
routers, etc. is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in sales or related area is highly preferred.
• Associates degree or high school education with minimum five years of sales
experience is required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Good organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak fluently in Spanish language as candidate’s
second language is preferred.
• Knowledge of or experience with Catholic school and parish markets preferred.
• Knowledge of the Catholic catechetical field is highly desired.
• Must be willing to travel 70 to 80%.
• Ability to meet daily goals and meet deadlines.
• Daily customer calls and/or visits in the field.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to set up a home office.
• Be able to stand and sit at an exhibit for a period of six hours.
• Ability to set up and take down an exhibit.
• Evening and weekend work required periodically throughout the year.
• Ability to travel to schools and parishes assigned to your territory along with participating.
in sales shows, etc . as deemed necessary by your supervisor.
• Knowledge of selling techniques and ability to close sales.
• Incumbent will be working in various environments.
• Incumbent will be faced with making cold calls and visits on a daily basis and
be able to accept rejections.
• Will receive assignments from the Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Director
of Sales or other management team members by either verbal, written or email.
• Incumbent will eventually have some pricing decision ability with large discounts or price.
• variations being cleared by Sales Manager.
(Note: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job).
To Apply: Please visit our web page at https://www.oursundayvisitor.com/jobs (99)