This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Social Work, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Manassas, VA)
• Form collaborative relationships with partner and parish food pantries, schools, civic groups and other faith-based organization to promote food collection and the common goal of “Feeding the Hungry”, laying the groundwork for the increase of long term transformation of clients.
• Must obtain significantly more donations from 1) parishes, 2) churches, 3) community and 4) businesses. Goals will be set for parish support: food, financial and volunteers. Develop strong relationships with donor businesses and farmers.
• Develop and retain food donation accounts with stores, manufacturers, farmers and product brokers. Focus will be on achieving the program’s food acquisition goals while cultivating, retaining and recognizing individuals, organizations and corporations.
• Plans, implements and controls the efficient, effective flow and storage of goods, services and related information from the point of origin to the point of consumption to meet customer requirements while achieving the operational business goals. Works with Program Director in data collection and reporting across the CCDA food ministry program.
• Serve as focal point between CCDA staff , Knights of Columbus and parishes in food collection efforts. Work with Volunteer Coordinator and CCDA pantries/partners in community food collection efforts.
• Knowledgeable and willing to uphold Catholic moral and social teaching.
• Reports to the Program Director of Emergency Assistance.
• Educate parish ministers and staff in food pantry operations and best practices.
• Participate in quarterly PLN meetings and assist in identifying potential parish attendees.
• Submit to the Program Director for approval, plans for meetings, training workshops, and activities prior to committing resources.
• Develop education materials and deliver training on food-related management and best practices.
• Travel throughout the Arlington Diocese of Virginia, consisting of 21 counties and 7 independent cities. Flexible schedule with some evening and/or weekend hours are required as needed.
• Ability to establish excellent relationships, including building confidence with the priests, parishes and Catholic Charities agency, translating into increased support and utilization.
• Ability to operationalize and articulate the agency’s mission to expand transformative services to the poor.
• Strong listening skills and proven ability to respectfully work with community members on sometimes controversial issues. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Ability to consider alternative courses of action and select the best one; tackle problems or issues directly and make decisions in a timely manner; exercise sound business judgment.
• Ability to present a positive professional image at all times with all people.
• Ability to work in a team setting and also to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Strong planning and prioritization skills and ability to work strategically.
• Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software applications.
• Must have valid Virginia driver’s license.
• Complete food safety/sanitation training within 120 days.
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree
• Experience in working with Catholic priests, parish ministries and organizations is necessary.
• Demonstrated ability to work with large and small businesses aligned with Catholic Charities mission and goals.
• Social services experience with underserved populations is a plus.
• Logistics experience is desirable.
• Knowledge and/or experience of food distribution is a plus.
• Knowledge and/or experience in food pantry operations is desirable.
• Experience working with and coordinating volunteers is a plus.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] EOE. No phone calls, please. (176)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities arlington va diocese